The Growing Sierra Leonean Diaspora

saloneamadu

Mar 1, 2024, 2:04:59 AMMar 1
to leonenet, Leonenet, slpoli...@googlegroups.com

Meet Gina Paige from African Ancestry. Tonight, we joyfully welcomed two new members from Sierra Leone into our ever-expanding family. I presented one plaque bearing the inscription, "Greetings from Sierra Leone." Last year, among the five tests that were conducted, one individual was identified as Sierra Leonean, and we discussed her story here on this forum.

Expecting a similar ratio this year, I intentionally brought only one plaque, anticipating passing it to one of the new members.  However, to our surprise, this year's results revealed two out of five individuals with Sierra Leonean ancestry.  I quickly explained to them my initial intention, but now we face a dilemma that they must resolve.

The Plaque:  It's an act rooted in our Diaspora Scavenger tradition, which may not be immediately comprehensible to everyone.  But we leave Sierra Leonean traces in some of these places.   🇸🇱

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device