Join our potluck in a spectacular setting!

Shelby Floyd

Jan 24, 2011, 12:46:02 AM1/24/11
to slowfoodhawaii
Reminder:  Our annual business meeting and potluck is this coming Sunday, Jan. 30, at the Waikii Ranch Clubhouse (on the Saddle Road).  The fireplace will be lit, and the view from the lanai is spectacular with emerald green rolling hills, fluffy sheep and horses grazing, and in the distance, the snows of Mauna Loa.  There is plenty of room inside, and a huge lawn for kids to play on, so bring your family, friends and food to share.  There will be a calabash for donations to cover the cost of the event.  We will supply coffee and cold tea.

IMPORTANT!  Come through the upper gate (closest to Hilo), turn left at the T and you will see the Clubhouse.

YOU MUST RSVP TO GET THE GATE CODE:  call Shelby at 808.351.0723.

The fine print:  Business meeting (Slow Food USA members only) starts at 10:00 am sharp.  Potluck brunch starts at 10:30.  Bring your own dishes, utensils, coffee cups, glasses, etc.

Senator Malama Solomon will be speaking around 11:30, and there will be time for questions for her and for Rep. Cindy Evans who has graciously accepted our invitation to join us.  Ag inspections, good school lunches, farmers markets, food safety, whateveh - share your passion or concerns with these legislators.

We'd love to see new and old friends, so please join us.

Your Slow Food Hawaii Leadership Team

snail.jpg Slow Food of the Hawaiian Islands ~ 'ono and pono