Puna Wine Making Class

1 view

Clare

Feb 14, 2011, 5:37:26 PM2/14/11
to slowfoo...@googlegroups.com
~~~~~~~~~~

Ever thought about making wine out of all of our delicious locally grown fruits? Learn how! This class will use pineapple:

Sunday, February 20th, 2 PM in Puna
Cost: $8 members, $15 non-members.

...You will need to bring with you:

1 clean gallon jug like that is sold with wines
a funnel that fits into the jug
a plastic juice pitcher for mixing ingredients
4 cups of sugar (preferably Maui grown)
2 large, locally grown ripe pineapples, juiced AHEAD IF CAN (*)

(*) if someone doesn't have a juicer we can juice it at the class

Also, please bring a pupu made with locally-grown ingredients to share with the group, as well as your own plate, utensils, napkins and a cup or wine glass. Bring a chair.

Laura will provide tastings of some of her other fruit wines, but members who wish can also bring wines to share with the pupus.

Please RSVP by February 18th to Sonia Martinez
cubanwahine(at)hawaii.rr.com no later than Feb 18th.
Directions will be provided only to those who RSVP

See you there!