2010 - The Year in Review for SFH

Shelby Floyd

Jan 29, 2011, 10:56:45 PM1/29/11
to slowfoodhawaii
As we prepare for our annual meeting tomorrow, we look back on all that Slow Food Hawaii has accomplished (with the support of many of you) during 2010.  Read on - it is a long list!

Annual meeting and Sliders in the Barn potluck at Pu'u O Kumau Ranch
Booths at NELHA, Volcano, and Kings Shops farmers markets
Represented SFH at several ACF Kona Kohala Chefs meetings
Four "30 minute mozzarella" workshops (Hilo, Kona, Waimea)
"Dig In" School Garden Workdays as three schools on Sept. 25
Hilo Coffee Mill Tour and lunch
Prepared and served all local breakfast for 65+ school garden educators at Mala'ai Culinary Garden
Organized lunch at the Hilo Community College Culinary School
Aquaculture Tour - UH Hilo
Booth at Taste of the Hawaiian Range, Waikoloa Resort
Taste Education Class at Hawaii Preparatory Academy
Organized several potlucks as part of Eat Local Week in partnership with Kanu
Organized a great Waipio Pig Roast and Campout in Waipio Valley
Selected and sponsored four delegates to Slow Food International's Terra Madre in Italy
Attended events at Holuakoa Cafe and Kona Brew Pub to recognize our Terra Madre delegates
Christmas potluck and celebration of Terra Madre Day at Anna Ranch
Started a Facebook page
Grew list list to over 700 members

And tomorrow is our 2011 annual business meeting and potluck at Waikii Ranch.  I hope to see you there!