Interesting times

Shelby Floyd

Dec 12, 2010, 1:58:16 PM12/12/10
to slowfoodhawaii
Several appointments by our new Governor are of special interest to SFH:

Russell Kokubun, former farmer, appointed to head the Dept. of Agriculture

Guy Kaulukukui, who was the Kohala Center's Hawaii Island Food Self-Reliance Program Director, appointed as Deputy Director of DLNR

Bill Tam, a Slow Food Oahu member, appointed as Deputy Director for Water for DLNR

Also, super farmer Richard Ha has indicated an interest in the Senate seat being vacated by Kokubun.

Read again the ag plan proposed by the Governor during his election campaign, and let these and other new administration officials know about the needs of our farmers and other food producers.

If you are joining us today for the annual Christmas Potluck at Anna Ranch, bring your beer glasses:  SFH member Rich Tucciarone and Kona Brewing Co. are kindly donating some of their beer.

980.gif
987.gif