Greetings from austria

Otmar Liebhart

Sep 7, 2011, 8:20:34 AM9/7/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com
Privet!

I am otmar, 39 years, from austria I am interrested in your language. Hope to find nice people from austria, germany and other countries to learn more about slovio and common projects in austria. Hvala otti

Андрей Филин

Sep 7, 2011, 3:04:37 PM9/7/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Otti!
Just for your information: it's been more than 2 years of zero activity from Slovio users.
However there's more activity on other internet resourses dedicated to interslavic languages.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/slovianski this is one of those resourses
you can visit facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/neoslavonic/

Pozdrav, Andrej from Russia

2011/9/7 Otmar Liebhart <otm...@yahoo.de>
Privet!

I am otmar, 39 years, from austria I am interrested in your language. Hope to find nice people from austria, germany and other countries to learn more about slovio and common projects in austria. Hvala otti

Ulf

Oct 20, 2011, 9:50:18 AM10/20/11
to Slovio
> Just for your information: it's been more than 2 years of zero activity from
> Slovio users.

Is this caused by general uninterest in this theme or do people like
other initiatives more?

> However there's more activity on other internet resourses dedicated to
> interslavic languages.http://z8.invisionfree.com/slovianskithis is one of those resourses
> you can visit facebook grouphttp://www.facebook.com/groups/neoslavonic/

After having given these places a look it seems to me that it is
easier to learn Russian than Slovianski.

Slovio on the other hand seems to be within reach of normal Westeners.

Is there no activity at all in the Slovio scene? Doesn't the Slovio
scene exist at all?

When I compare a language like Afrikaans with Dutch then I see that
what has happened to Dutch is the same thing as happened to Russian to
become Slovio. Actually even if Slovio might not sound nice in the
ears of indigenous Russian speakers it still is very well
understandable and so will certainly be able to fill its purpose as
general Slav language. In my ears it sounds very typical Slavic.

Does anyone at all use Slovio?

And what is this thing about Novoslovianski? Isn't it basically the
same thing?

I think it's worth the work to try to learn Slovio and that's what I'd
like to do.

Ulf

Андрей Филин

Oct 20, 2011, 3:53:01 PM10/20/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com
>> Just for your information: it's been more than 2 years of zero activity from
>> Slovio users.

>Is this caused by general uninterest in this theme or do people like
>other initiatives more?

Both things. People who are not so interested in interslavic communication, give up the idea. People who are interested they prefer other ways prefer either natural languages or Slovianski/Novoslovienski

After having given these places a look it seems to me that it is
easier to learn Russian than Slovianski.

It is. Because there are far more valuable material for learning Russian, more literature and places where you can speak Russian. But be aware of weird phonetic system, more complicated grammar with hundreds of exceptions and the fact that in Russian there is only one "correct way" of saying something (while Slovianski/Novoslovienski is more free) and that not all Slavs understand Russian and/or have good attitude towards Russian.

Slovio on the other hand seems to be within reach of normal Westeners.

Is there no activity at all in the Slovio scene? Doesn't the Slovio
scene exist at all?

I think actually you can find people who speak it, there are about three of them. Also there are many people who will welcome you with you speaking Slovio but they will more likely answer in natural languages or Slovianski/Novoslovienski, so you'd better learn at least them at passive level.

When I compare a language like Afrikaans with Dutch then I see that
what has happened to Dutch is the same thing as happened to Russian to
become Slovio. Actually even if Slovio might not sound nice in the
ears of indigenous Russian speakers it still is very well
understandable and so will certainly be able to fill its purpose as
general Slav language. In my ears it sounds very typical Slavic.

The vocabulary of Slovio is mostly Slavic or based on Slavic roots, while grammar is almost the same as esperanto (not Slavic).
In fact Slavs (especially Russians) have more-less no problems understanding Slovio. But Slovio doesn't function as inter-slavic language because of its unnatural look, so as I said, it's not likely that you will get response in Slovio even if you contact Slovio group on Yahoo.

Does anyone at all use Slovio?

2-3 persons, who are known here very well for being very inadequate.

And what is this thing about Novoslovianski? Isn't it basically the
same thing?

Yes, the thing promoted by Mark Hucko as Novoslovianski is essentially Slovio with almost no changes.

I think it's worth the work to try to learn Slovio and that's what I'd
like to do.

Sure do it. Try it at least. But if there is any place where you want to practice, better contact Slovianski/Novoslovienski sites, not the Slovio group.

Ulf

Otmar Liebhart

Oct 21, 2011, 2:52:02 AM10/21/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com
It is very difficult to get in contact with slovio-speaker. Even i did never suceed to contact marek hucko by facebook or one of different mail addresses. Next time i will call him at home :-D

Till now i don't understand reason of that quarrel. Slovienski is very similar to projects of minitory languages here in switzerland, north italy, ...
As they are spoken of just few people there was no written language. Lingvists only during past 20 years began to create that. Problem is that in every valley or even village they have own dialects and for this standard language they had to elect most common words of all these dialects.
Similar to that seems to me slovienski.
Slovio, however, want to be an easy to learn language like esperanto. So- with few modification an ideal auxilary language for europe as concurrent to esperanto.
otti

>> Just for your information: it's been more than 2 years of zero activity from
>> Slovio users.

>Is this caused by general uninterest in this theme or do people like
>other initiatives more?

Both things. People who are not so interested in interslavic communication, give up the idea. People who are interested they prefer other ways prefer either natural languages or Slovianski/Novoslovienski

After having given these places a look it seems to me that it is
easier to learn Russian than Slovianski.

It is. Because there are far more valuable material for learning Russian, more literature and places where you can speak Russian. But be aware of weird phonetic system, more complicated grammar with hundreds of exceptions and the fact that in Russian there is only one "correct way" of saying something (while Slovianski/Novoslovienski is more free) and that not all Slavs understand Russian and/or have good attitude towards Russian.

Slovio on the other hand seems to be within reach of normal Westeners.

Is there no activity at all in the Slovio scene? Doesn't the Slovio
scene exist at all?

I think actually you can find people who speak it, there are about three of them. Also there are many people who will welcome you with you speaking Slovio but they will more likely answer in natural languages or Slovianski/Novoslovienski, so you'd better learn at least them at passive level.

[Die ursprüngliche Nachricht ist nicht vollständig enthalten.]

Ulf Bro

Oct 21, 2011, 7:12:02 AM10/21/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com
> It is. Because there are far more valuable material for
> learning Russian, more literature and places where you can
> speak Russian. But be aware of weird phonetic system, more
> complicated grammar with hundreds of exceptions and the fact
> that in Russian there is only one "correct way" of saying
> something (while Slovianski/Novoslovienski is more free)
> and that not all Slavs understand Russian and/or have
> good attitude towards Russian.

On the other hand Russians are used to other people learning their
language - Estonians, Kazakhs, Tajiks, Mongols, Hungarians etc and know how
bad foreigners treat their language. I know several people here in Germany
who have learned Russian - for various reasons - and even if they seem to
speak an awful Russian they can make themselves understood very well.

> Yes, the thing promoted by Mark Hucko as Novoslovianski
> is essentially Slovio with almost no changes.

There actually are some changes of the cosmetic sort and so far as I can
see - not having any Slav background - these last cosmetic touches actually
do make this language look a lot different.

> Sure do it. Try it at least. But if there is any place where
> you want to practice, better contact Slovianski/Novoslovienski
> sites, not the Slovio group.

It is interesting to learn of this opinion. To me it is obvious that the
Slavonic languages are somewhat different in grammar to, say, Scandinavian,
English or German. The way new words are made - actually a very important
feature - has made Esperanto what it is. I read, write and speak Esperanto
fast and fluently and its not so much the grammar as such that makes
Esperanto great - its the system of building new words. When "trancxi" means
"to cut" then "trancxilo" means a "knife" etc. The only reason that is so -
it isn't found in any other artificial language - is that the inventor of
Esperanto had a Slavonic background.

Actually the background of Slovio is a lot simpler than Esperanto since you
don't have to use the Slavonic word building system on Latin based words and
get an utterly peculiar language like Esperanto - all you have to do is to
take those Slavonic words that are already there and use them the way they
have always been used. So the construction of Slovio has probably been a
lesser work than the construction of Esperanto.

Now it seems that the "Novoslovianski" hasn't passed beyond the state of a
mere idea yet. The complete Slovio dictionnary would have to be worked
through to yield a Novoslovianski dictionnary and grammar.

I still think that the Idea is not bad.

I was born in Scandinavia and genetically my forefathers were Vikings who
again were nothing else then Russians who wandered westwards and learned to
speak Danish/Norwegian/Swedish and French.

The Slavonic roots are my roots too. I must think of Thor (the old God of
the vikings). He had a hammer called "Mj�lner". So far as I can see this is
nothing else then Slovio "Molnja" (thunder). A Russian Name with a Danish
God. And so on.

We Westeners have done much work learning Latin and other languages. But
nobody is interested in our ancestor's Slavonic roots. Such a pity. You
might not be my brothers but you are at least my cousins. If Slavic words
can be made accessible to the Westerner with minor effort - like in the form
of Slovio or Novoslovianski I think that is quite attractive.

Learning Slovianski is not an option for me. I can only shake my head and
say they're all crazy. Really. No offense, anyone should choose a hobby that
suits him well. For me Slovianski will never be an option at all.

Ulf

Eugen Slowik

Oct 21, 2011, 1:22:29 PM10/21/11
to slovio...@googlegroups.com, Andrej Maroczewski

To ne je pravda, Gospodin Andrej Maroczewski, pocxemu lgajsx?

I agree with Ulf that Russian is by far more easier to learn then Slovianski.  In fact many points Ulf is mentioning, I could agree with.  I very much do like his comparing Afrikaans with Dutch and Russian with Slovio.  This is very important: Any language which is getting into contact with other languages simplifies  its grammar and vocabulary.  This is human historical fact.  But  in case of Slovianski, where the maker are manly linguists or would-be linguist, it works the other way around,  Slovianki is getting more difficult from day to day ....

Do cxitanie vo Forum blognik.com

Eugeniusx