Are you still operating? Is the group still active??

Plichta

Oct 13, 2020, 7:44:22 PM10/13/20
to SLOVAK...@yahoogroups.com, slovak...@googlegroups.com, Slovak...@yahoogroups.com

Dear Slovak-Roots and Slovak-World,

It has been some time since I have seen an email from either group.  Are you still active?

Where may I find recent messages?

Thanks,

Frank Plichta

Email:  pli...@earthlink.net

Slovak Roots

Oct 13, 2020, 11:22:26 PM10/13/20
to Slovak Roots
Frank, Slovak Roots still exists but has not been very active. You can find all the messages at https://groups.google.com/g/slovak-roots/. I hope you are well.

Keith Riggle
Slovak Roots Admin

Slovak Roots

Oct 14, 2020, 10:09:15 AM10/14/20
to Slovak Roots
By the way, all Yahoo Groups will be shut down on Dec 15, 2020, so it's a good thing we set up a new group here at Google Groups: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/yahoo-announces-shutdown-social-platform-034108123.html. Of course, Google is notorious for shutting down social media services, so we must be prepared to pack up and move again, if necessary.

Keith

Ron Matviyak

Oct 14, 2020, 2:49:48 PM10/14/20
to Slovak Roots
The old Slovak_Roots on Yahoo closed down earlier and the old membership information and addresses deleted before it was closed by the Moderators, to protect rivacyof the old members on the list. Slovak _World jst became inactive and uncared for years earlier when Greg Kopchek stopped maintaining it.

This google version of Sovak_roots has effectively replaced both.

Thanks for all of your input over the years, Frank!  Stay healthy in these crazy times.

Ron Matviak

Dr. Q

Oct 15, 2020, 12:09:11 AM10/15/20
to slovak...@yahoogroups.com, slovak...@googlegroups.com, slovak...@yahoogroups.com, Slovak...@yahoogroups.com
Slovak-Roots was shut down in three phases, no more members were accepted about January.  In April the membership list was purged.  On August 28 the list was deleted from Yahoo lists.

Dr. "Q"
Slovak Roots moderator

Posted by: "Plichta" <pli...@earthlink.net>

E Klodzen

Oct 15, 2020, 9:33:18 AM10/15/20
to Dr. Q, slovak-roots@yahoogroups com, Slovak Roots, slovak...@yahoogroups.com, Slovak-World@yahoogroups com

Such a pity.  It was a wonderful source of information from knowledgable, helpful members.  It will be missed.

Eugene Klodzen
Slovak roots in Old Hungary (now Slovakia)