Slovak Roots Files

Slovak Roots

Nov 11, 2019, 8:53:26 AM11/11/19
to Slovak Roots
The main reason we left Yahoo was because they stopped allowing the sharing of files. I looked through all the files shared with the Yahoo Group and downloaded the ones that I thought would be the most useful for Slovak genealogy. I created a folder called "Slovak Roots" and shared it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ShTa-iSWeeDPjLWsbLybkOMFlSOho8Nh. Within it there are two subfolders:

General Information - for admin info and info about our group, including the surname list
Research Aids - for Czech, Slovak, and Hungarian genealogy

At the moment, all the files are read-only, except for the surname list. If you're the creator of the file and would like access to edit or even remove the file, you can request access.

The only drawback of the free version of Google Groups is that we must use our own personal Google Drive space for these files. I have plenty of space, so I don't mind. However, be aware that any files you share with the group will use your own personal space except, I believe, files attached to group posts. We would have to subscribe to Google Groups for Business in order to get shared Drive space.

As for all the other files from the Yahoo Group, I suggest you review the ones you uploaded and determine if you need to save them or not, because on 14 Dec 2019, Yahoo will delete the files. You can request that Yahoo download all your files for you here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/getmydata. However, I requested mine on 7 Nov and am still waiting. It's probably quicker just to download them yourself.

Keith Riggle