I’m here and I have researched my Slovak Roots to 1750 in Slovakia

Frank Plichta

May 3, 2020, 9:46:18 PM5/3/20
to slovak...@googlegroups.com
It is not impossible to search your Slovak Roots. Make the trip as soon as you are able and visit the regional Slovak archives. I started with my family’s ancestral villages and the archives that covered that village. Then I just took it one ancestor at a time. But, one important issue is the use of diacritical marks. If you don’t know how your surname is spelled with diacritical marks the you might end up going down the wrong family line. The same letters with or without diacritical marks are actually two different surnames and two different families. Don’t go down the wrong line. Good luck. It has been a lot of fun and especially visiting with your cousins. Mine treated me like reality. I made three trips, 1984, 1996 and 2006. They were spaced far enough to find a new modern generation. God luck.
Frank Plichta
Email: pli...@earthlink.net

Sent from my iPhone
Frank Plichta