Download your personal Yahoo Data

Ron Matviyak

Jan 11, 2020, 3:50:37 PM1/11/20
to Slovak Roots
The old Yahoo Groups "Slovak Roots" will be closing, as it is now reduced to nothing more than a mailing list. More on that soon, under a new topic header.

This is to make you aware that everyone who used Yahoo has until January 31, 2020, to request a download of their personal data. I just did that day before yesterday and they sent me a link today where I was able to download a file, seemingly of everything I ever posted to Yahoo Groups, and some additional files as well. (Perhaps some of you remember Konekta, a Slovenian geneaologist and gentleman who made solid contributions to Slovak Roots. One of his writeups of a village history was included in what Yahoo collected for me to download. I have not had a chance to look at the other files, but wish to pass  on this following message:

From Yahoo:
We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020.

I suggest you consider downloading your personal data. As stated above, the opportunity expires at the end of this month.

Ron