Please Help Manage Slovak Roots

Slovak Roots

Nov 10, 2019, 9:44:36 AM11/10/19
to Slovak Roots
I do not "own" the Slovak Roots Group; we all do. We all are responsible for policing ourselves by adhering to the group's mission of helping each other with our Czech and Slovak genealogy, staying on topic, and being courteous to each other. To that end, everyone has the ability to moderate content by removing any spam that sneaks in. This can be easily done from the Actions button above every post; just click it and then "Delete" (see attached screenshot). It goes without saying to be very careful with this so you don't delete a legitimate post by accident.

In addition, I'm still looking for people to serve as admins. We will eventually have to make group membership by request in order to keep out the spammers, and admins will help those requests and ban any spammers that get in. I wouldn't mind if everyone is an admin, but not everyone wants all that additional email.

So if you're willing to be an admin, please email me at keithriggle+slovakroots [at] gmail.com. I'm the only person who will receive your email; it will not go to the whole group.

Thanks!
Keith Riggle
Not the Moderator
How to Delete Spam.jpg