Email Turn Notifications

WebMaster

Jul 22, 2015, 9:56:50 PM7/22/15
to SlothNinja Games
I have enabled email turn notifications.  If interested, you can activate them via your account page.  Enjoy.

Crysknife

Jul 23, 2015, 2:49:16 PM7/23/15
to SlothNinja Games, jbh...@gmail.com
Does this mean the IM notification is no longer working?  I have not been getting any for a while now.

Jeff Huter

Jul 23, 2015, 3:15:31 PM7/23/15
to Crysknife, SlothNinja Games
The IM’s should still work.  I’ve personally received several today.  When you say “a while now”, are we talking hours or days?  If days, then something may be wrong with your setup.  If hours, then the update I pushed last night may have a bug.  But, like I said, I personally have been receiving IM’s.  In fact, you can enable both and receive email’s and IM’s if you want to be especially clued in.

Crysknife

Jul 23, 2015, 3:19:56 PM7/23/15
to SlothNinja Games, jbh...@gmail.com
Days; probably haven't seen an IM since I returned from vacation.

Jeff Huter

Jul 23, 2015, 3:23:20 PM7/23/15
to Crysknife, SlothNinja Games
Well, the easy option is to enable email notifications. :o)

If you want to keep the IM’s, I’d suggest going to your account page and sending a test message.  If you don’t receive the test message, then resend the invite message.  Hopefully, you receive and can accept the invite.  Then resend a test message to see if it’s working.

Crysknife

Jul 23, 2015, 3:34:59 PM7/23/15
to SlothNinja Games, jbh...@gmail.com
It's weird.  I'm getting chat messages in the Chat folder but I'm not seeing them pop-up in my Gmail window.  Any ideas?

jonathan wilcox

Sep 2, 2015, 6:04:09 PM9/2/15
to SlothNinja Games
Well it works for me at least!

Doug

Mar 17, 2020, 5:12:11 AM3/17/20
to SlothNinja Games
my game is stuck.  I can not pass.  gremconnection2

Lou Moratti

Mar 17, 2020, 11:06:03 AM3/17/20
to sloth...@googlegroups.com

At least you can play.  I am unable to log in to game 752000.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Julian Helmer

Mar 25, 2020, 4:15:19 PM3/25/20
to SlothNinja Games
My group isn't having any luck receiving email turn notifications with our game of Indonesia. Is this function no longer available? Thanks!

Webmaster

Mar 25, 2020, 4:37:17 PM3/25/20
to SlothNinja Games
It’s available, but with the increase in traffic over the past couple weeks the site is hitting its email quota each day by about 3am Eastern.  I am currently looking at alternatives for sending turn notifications.  One option is to increase the email limit.  But, the fees involved with that option exceed what I’m personally willing to spend on a free, hobby site.  So, I am exploring alternatives such as web notifications, which I am hopeful can be implemented without incurring monthly fees.

Julian Helmer

Mar 25, 2020, 5:31:49 PM3/25/20
to SlothNinja Games
That makes sense, just wanted to check! Thanks for the awesome site, you're doing good work in times like these.

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 6:56:50 PM UTC-7, WebMaster wrote:
I have enabled email turn notifications.  If interested, you can activate them via your account page.  Enjoy.

Ben Kyo

Jul 31, 2020, 2:14:21 AM7/31/20
to SlothNinja Games
New user here, just started my first game of Indonesia. I have enabled email notifications, but received nothing indicating that my input was required for the first two decision points (city placement, first bid). Is this because of the daily email limit mentioned upthread? I noticed that my turn was due within a few hours on both occasions.

Thanks for the site!

Webmaster

Jul 31, 2020, 9:26:39 AM7/31/20
to SlothNinja Games
I had to disable email notifications due to the issue mentioned upthread.  The daily reminder is still being sent.  Given site usage has returned to normal.  I am considering turning them back on, but it might be awhile before I get around to it.  Unfortunately, it’s not as simply as flipping a switch or flag (though I should have coded it so it is)

Jeff