Southern CanyonsX 200k/300k Recap and Volunteer needed

SLO RBA

Mar 8, 2022, 1:49:57 AM3/8/22
to SLORando
Volunteer:
I could use a volunteer for the Wine Country 200k/300k/400k on March 26 to run a water/snack stop at corner of Vineyard Dr and Adelaida Rd from about 10:30AM - 1 PM. I will provide all the drinks and snacks, table, chair, etc.
My usual volunteer is busy that day so if I don't get anyone I will just be dropping of some water bottles up there the night before for folks to refill with.

Recap:
Last weekend's Southern CanyonsX 200k/300k went quite well considering the weather, some would call it character building. 14 brave souls  departed from the RBA's house at 6AM to a damp chilly morning, there wasn't really much rain but the roads were quite wet which soon migrated to everyone's socks.  The sun did come out and it was reasonably pleasant heading south but we all knew what that lovely tailwind would turn into on the way back north especially given the gale warning for the afternoon. It did turn out to be quite windy even for this route but not quite as bad as forecasted and the wind did die down after the sun set. Three of the four 200k riders and 9 of the 10 300k riders finished the new courses. The general sentiment seemed to be that it was a lovely course that could just use a little less wind (always hope for next year).

Only a few pictures from the ride as I was wearing long gloves for about 70% percent of the ride and busy trying to keep the bike pointed down the road  during the rest of it.

Next even coming up on March 26th is the usual Wine Country 300k and the Wine & Waves 400k along with a new 200k version of these routes.

Thanks

Grant McAlister, RBA
San Luis Obispo Randonneurs