Start of the 2022 season

SLO RBA

Jan 2, 2022, 2:40:17 AM1/2/22
to SLORando
Next week is the official start of the SLO Rando Brevet season on the wonderful central coast. We are kicking it off on Saturday with our typical Coastal 200k that goes out and back to Ragged Point then does a nice climb up Highway 46, a visit to SLO before heading back to Morro Bay. In addition for those looking for something shorter we have a  new San Simeon 102k route up and back along the coast. On Sunday we are running a  new High Mountain 120k route that goes through SLO with a lovely out and back to a nice quiet inland valley. If you are interested in the new Rouleur award you have the chance to get two of the five required rides in one weekend.  Registration for all the rides closes on this Thursday at midnight.

The weather forecast at this point looks very good for this time of the year, mostly sunny with starting temperatures near 50F and highs in the low 60's. Saturday's start time is at 7AM to maximize daylight given the 200k, on Sunday we will be starting at 8AM to let the temperatures inland warm a bit before starting out.

The plan is to run the brevets pretty much like last year with EPP being the primary method of verification. I will send out more details a few days before the rides.

Please ensure that you have renewed your RUSA membership as that is required to ride.

Thanks

Grant McAlister, RBA
San Luis Obispo Randonneurs