Recap of last weekend's 200k & Populaires

SLO RBA

Jan 17, 2022, 2:30:48 AM1/17/22
to SLORando
We had a very nice start to the SLO Randonneurs season with lovely weather on both days. On Saturday morning we had 6 riders start and finish, with 5 doing the Morro Bay Coastal 200k and a lone rider who did the San Simeon 102k populaire which shares a good deal of the 200k route along the coast.  The winds were not too strong on Saturday but were atypical with a tailwind heading up the coast and some headwinds coming back down but it was nice for once to finish with a tailwind coming back from SLO.

For Sunday we had 5 riders start and finish the 120k High Mountain Populaire, as we travelled through SLO, past the slowly filling Lopez Lake and the up and back on High Mountain road where I was happy to report that it's now been proven that a tandem can climb the last steep bit at the end of High mountain road.

I've posted my pics from the Coastal 200k ride on Saturday and the Sunday 120k High Mountain Populaire to the SLO Rando Instagram

A reminder that we will be doing a new 133k Populaire this coming weekend (Jan 22), registration closes on Thursday the 20th at midnight. A good chance to get another ride for your Rouleur award.

Grant McAlister, RBA
San Luis Obispo Randonneurs