2023 400 route?

Arvi S

Nov 4, 2022, 2:57:05 PM11/4/22
to SLORando
Hi all. I saw that the SLO 400k is slated for Apr 1, 2023. Has the route been decided yet, or still TBD?

Thanks for any info!
-Arvi

Eric Linser

Nov 4, 2022, 4:01:09 PM11/4/22
to Arvi S, SLORando
Arvi,
Great question. I look forward to seeing what Grant's wonderful spring season holds as well as I'll probably head down there for a 300, 400 or 600k brevet as I have some conflicts with San Francisco schedule with NorCal HS MTB races.
I do like that 600k from San Jose to Oxnard that's in the SLO catalogue of rides! I know others do too - chime in. Grant, can we pull that off?
Bonne route!
Eric Linser
#12922 SF

Juliayn Coleman

Nov 5, 2022, 3:09:38 PM11/5/22
to SLORando
I would definitely do that 600k again!
Juliayn Coleman
RUSA#7241

Greg Kline

Nov 5, 2022, 3:52:13 PM11/5/22
to SLORando

I'd love to see the Pinnacles Traveler 600K from San Jose to Oxnard on next year's calendar too.

That is a great route, one of my favorite 600K rides.

Greg Kline
RUSA #5714

SLO RBA

Nov 6, 2022, 7:15:50 PM11/6/22
to SLORando
I'm still working out the routes for next year, hopefully have something tentative later this month but the general plan is that the Jan 200k will be a coastal one as usual and then the 200k/300k will be heading down south but I'm thinking of a new variant that does the Tepusquet climb (i.e. like the Tepusquet 200k but from Morro Bay with some additions).  The 300/400k will probably be in the north part of the county so similar to the Wine & Waves or the Mostly SLO 300k/400k but hopefully a new route to keep things interesting.  Mostly importantly I am planning on doing the Pinnacles Traveler 600k or at least a variant of it as so many people have asked for it and I think I can do the logistics but still need to work a few things out.

I will also probably add some RUSA events to the calendar as well including a couple of gravel events in the late spring/early summer time.

Thanks

Grant McAlister, RBA
San Luis Obispo Randonneurs