Updates on Brevets and Permanents for SLO

SLO RBA

Feb 5, 2021, 6:26:52 PM2/5/21
to SLORando
With the end of the stay at home order we are going to start running Brevets again. I've juggled the schedule so the postponed 200K will now occur on Feb 13 which was when the 300K was scheduled.  That means the 300K will move by a month as well as the 300K/400K weekend.  Please see the SLO Rando Site for all the details.

The 200K is a slight variant on Vickie's Cayucos Coastal 200K that now starts in Morro Bay.  It's possible to ride this self supported as there are a number of water fountains on the route and it's possible to swing by the start to resupply mid ride from your own vehicle.

Please be aware that we will be following our Pandemic Plan at this time, if you don't believe that this will work for you then please reach out to me or do not register for the brevet.  Not following the plan will result in a DNF.

At this point there is no stay at home order for our area but I would still not recommend travelling from outside the area to participate in a brevet at this time.

On other good news I've gotten two more permanents added for the region. A nice scenic one that goes from Morro Bay to MDO, into SLO and then Cayucos to end back in Morro Bay.  The other one is a classic ride from Morro Bay through SLO out to High Mountain (not really that high or a mountain) and back to Morro Bay.  Both of these can be ridden from a number of start locations.

A reminder note from RUSA, please make sure to renew your membership if it has expired and ensure your address is up to date so you will continue to receive your American Randonneur future issues.

Thanks

Grant McAlister, RBA
San Luis Obispo Randonneurs

SLO RBA

Feb 11, 2021, 6:58:02 PM2/11/21
to SLORando
As a reminder the registration for the 200K out of Morro Bay closes tonight at midnight.  The weather forecast has gotten much better over the last couple of days and at the moment looks quite decent (Partly Cloudy and 57 for a high) and shouldn't be too cool at the start as we are next to the ocean and heading out shortly after sunrise.

Thanks

Grant