I've made the following changes to the kanji.sljfaq.org
* Removed the "minidic.cgi" dictionary facility
The old "minidic.cgi" kanji dictionary facility which displayed
similar information to the current HTML-based dictionary has been
removed completely from the remote executable on the web site.
It had been available as a direct URL, but there were no incoming
links to it from the kanji website.
It's now completely deleted from the source code. I also deleted the
old "load-log" stuff which was deactivated around 2012.
* Removed the notice about the link change from 2019
The notice on the Japanese pages about the link change which dated
from July 2019 has been removed.
* Removed some old image files
Old image files were removed from the server. These had not been in
use for several years. The current images all use a version number,
which is currently 1.
method of browsers to parse server responses. This was not available
in 2007 when I started kanji.sljfaq.org
* A CSS problem was fixed.
The CSS of the pages seems to have erroneously had spaces inserted
into CSS pseudoelements like ":hover" so they had become ": hover" and
so on. This problem is now resolved.
and 42 are still on the server for the time being but will be removed
in due course.
* CSS tidied up
I've made a new Perl module which tidies CSS files: https://metacpan.org/release/BKB/CSS-Tidy-0.00_03
I've put this to use tidying up the CSS of kanji.sljfaq.org
* Future plans for 2021
Some time this year I will be replacing the old kanji.sljfaq.org
server code completely with the new server which has been under
development at www.qhanzi.com
support in the qhanzi server is mostly done but
there are some pieces left to complete, mostly the messy bits
involving converting data from one format to another. (It's not
currently possible to access the kanji.sljfaq.org
, although the server part is in that binary.)