[kanji] New redirect, radical diagrams

Ben Bullock

Apr 28, 2022, 5:10:05 AM4/28/22
to sljfaq.org
The new redirect stuff is now on the web

but it's not pointed at by anything yet. I've been checking the redirects and found that the Goo dictionary now has a kanji page like this:

I'm not sure if that was there before or if it's always been there. Anyway it seems to be one of these interminable jobs requiring a lot of patience to resolve all these links.

I'm setting up some diagrams containing radicals which look like the illustrations here:

except minus the Nelson radicals since I doubt any Japanese speakers want to see those, and I'll be adding them to the local kanji dictionary when they are ready, hopefully in a day or two.

Ben Bullock

May 10, 2022, 2:39:04 AM5/10/22
to sljfaq.org
On Thursday, 28 April 2022 at 18:10:05 UTC+9 Ben Bullock wrote:
The new redirect stuff is now on the web

but it's not pointed at by anything yet.

I've finished writing what I think needs to be done on the server side, and the JavaScript is already ready to go here, so I think it will be ready to go into action tomorrow. I have to check just one more thing and then I'll set this up. If it does go wrong I can easily switch back to the old system. If it goes right, the old links to "minidic.cgi?r=" and the underlying program will vanish completely in due course.

Ben Bullock

May 10, 2022, 8:17:40 PM5/10/22
to sljfaq.org
On Tue, 10 May 2022 at 15:39, Ben Bullock <benkasmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, 28 April 2022 at 18:10:05 UTC+9 Ben Bullock wrote:
The new redirect stuff is now on the web

but it's not pointed at by anything yet.

I've finished writing what I think needs to be done on the server side, and the JavaScript is already ready to go here, so I think it will be ready to go into action tomorrow

This is installed now on the web. There was a problem with the JavaScript which meant that the pages were not working for a minute or two, but I think it is OK now, and I am getting user clicks collected in the expected place.

Let me know if there are any problems.