[qhanzi] Multiradical page has scrolling and input box

Ben Bullock

May 28, 2020, 6:37:53 PM5/28/20
to sljfaq.org
The qhanzi multiradical page now has the same scrolling of output results as the four-corner page, and the same input box as the handwritten page and the four-corner page.

Two issues with this page remain. First of all, it still only does the simplified Chinese characters which used to be the mainstay of qhanzi.com. Second, the input box does not "remember" user inputs from one visit to another, or from one page to another.

The rejigging from simplified characters to "all the Unicode characters in plane 0" will require some overhauling since the buttons will have to be changed, but the change to an input box which remembers user inputs should be less disruptive. I haven't decided how to implement it yet but I'm thinking about using local storage (a JavaScript facility) rather than cookies. I think the kanji.sljfaq.org input box uses a cookie. At the moment the qhanzi.com input box basically has nothing except some skeletons of the kanji.sljfaq.org page, so I want to reimplement it from scratch.

Ben Bullock

May 28, 2020, 8:35:32 PM5/28/20
to sljfaq.org
Unfortunately there is an issue with the multiradical page where it sometimes gets out of sync with the server. The HTML page is made by the server software itself but if I upload the HTML without updating the server or upload the server without updating the HTML then wrong results start appearing. This is another one for the bug list. Anyway it is updated now and should be OK until the next upload.

Ben Bullock

May 29, 2020, 12:13:41 AM5/29/20
to sljfaq.org

On Friday, 29 May 2020 07:37:53 UTC+9, Ben Bullock wrote:
 the change to an input box which remembers user inputs should be less disruptive. I haven't decided how to implement it yet but I'm thinking about using local storage (a JavaScript facility) rather than cookies. I think the kanji.sljfaq.org input box uses a cookie. At the moment the qhanzi.com input box basically has nothing except some skeletons of the kanji.sljfaq.org page, so I want to reimplement it from scratch.

Provisionally I've done this work. The input box is stored as local storage rather than a cookie.