Server upgrades planned this weekend

Ben Bullock

Dec 2, 2020, 3:21:55 AM12/2/20
to sljfaq.org
I'm planning to do server upgrades this weekend at 6am Japan time. This will involve a short amount of downtime for sljfaq.org sites and qhanzi.com as well as lemoda.net as the sites are changed over to a new software regime.

Ben Bullock

Dec 5, 2020, 5:34:17 PM12/5/20
to sljfaq.org
I'm getting some unexpected errors from a build process, so I will put off these upgrades until next week, since I have already spent 30 minutes trying to debug the error without success.

Ben Bullock

Dec 5, 2020, 6:50:13 PM12/5/20
to sljfaq.org
On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 at 07:34, Ben Bullock <benkasmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm getting some unexpected errors from a build process, so I will put off these upgrades until next week, since I have already spent 30 minutes trying to debug the error without success.

OK I have sorted this error now. I am going to upgrade some sites, lemoda.net and qrpng.org, but I'll leave the sljfaq.org and qhanzi.com until next week since they are so busy.

Ben Bullock

Dec 25, 2020, 7:36:37 PM12/25/20
to sljfaq.org
I'm planning to do the upgrade of qhanzi.com tomorrow, together with the changeover to the new multiradical. I probably should do more work on announcements, but at the moment there is not a simple mechanism to make announcement notices on qhanzi.com.

There is also a new facility in qhanzi.com which detects and rejects inputs which are very clearly not hanzi pictures. It will look like this:

scribble.png

The message is multilingual, so it will appear differently on different pages.

Ben Bullock

Dec 26, 2020, 8:08:18 PM12/26/20
to sljfaq.org
The work on upgrading the qhanzi.com server is now completed.

This took longer than expected due to unforeseen errors.

I will probably be able to do the kanji.sljfaq.org and www.sljfaq.org upgrades next Sunday.

Ben Bullock

Jan 16, 2021, 10:28:11 PM1/16/21
to sljfaq.org
I've done both of the server upgrades today.