[kanji] Site is down for some reason

Ben Bullock

Mar 7, 2024, 3:20:13 AMMar 7
to sljfaq.org
The kanji.sljfaq.org site is down for some reason I don't know. It seems to be a system error, so I have sent a request for support to the web hosts. I'll post another message when I hear something.

Ben Bullock

Mar 7, 2024, 7:03:19 AMMar 7
to sljfaq.org
It seems to be working again now. The processes showed as running in the web interface but nothing was happening and some very odd errors appeared. I haven't heard from the web hosting company yet but I assume they've sorted this out.

Ben Bullock

Mar 9, 2024, 1:09:50 AMMar 9
to sljfaq.org
This problem may have been caused by a late update on my part. Anyway the web hosts said they couldn't reproduce the issue and I upgraded the site to a newer underlying software version at the time and the problem cleared up. I did the upgrade in a slack way, which meant that some very small corners of the site were faulty for a while. Anyway it's OK now.