Restart of servers for qhanzi and kanji

Ben Bullock

May 23, 2023, 8:00:33 PM5/23/23
to sljfaq.org
I've done some minor work and restarted qhanzi/kanji servers.

The work is related to a problem with writing log files, where an error "no such file or directory" occurs when writing the log file to disc. Each log file has its own name and the directory does exist, so I assume it is caused by some transient glitch. Thus the solution I am trying at the moment is to attempt to write the log file more than once until a maximum is exceeded, the file is successfully written, or another error occurs. It is difficult to reproduce the error since it only happens about once a week or so, but it means that the log file is always growing due to these minor errors.

Hopefully this will not affect anyone.

Ben Bullock

May 28, 2023, 8:48:31 PM5/28/23
to sljfaq.org
I've done another update to eliminate another rare error caused by a dropped net connection.

Ben Bullock

Jun 27, 2023, 1:24:51 AM6/27/23
to sljfaq.org
I've done another rebuild related to a very rare error involving overwriting memory.