Essay about the Japanese writing system

Lennard Langenhof

Apr 30, 2022, 5:22:05 AM4/30/22
to sljfaq.org
Hallo people, I am writing an essay about the Japanese writing system and want to use the article " How is Japanese writing taught to Japanese children?" on your website as source. But for the correct citation i need the date of creation of the article.
Thanks for your answere.

Kind regards
Lennard

Ben Bullock

Apr 30, 2022, 5:25:31 AM4/30/22
to sljfaq.org
On Saturday, 30 April 2022 at 18:22:05 UTC+9 beetr... wrote:
Hallo people, I am writing an essay about the Japanese writing system and want to use the article " How is Japanese writing taught to Japanese children?" on your website as source. But for the correct citation i need the date of creation of the article.
Thanks for your answere.

That page dates back to at least 2005 according to my records. I think it was there in the 1990s but I don't have records going back that far.

Lennard Langenhof

Apr 30, 2022, 6:59:06 AM4/30/22
to sljfaq.org
I take the 2005. Thank you very much.

Ben Bullock

Apr 30, 2022, 7:05:32 AM4/30/22
to sljfaq.org
I'm fairly sure there was a page like that from the 1990s, but it won't have been at that URL since I only set up my own web domain around that time. Yikes, what a long time ago.

Paul Zecher

Apr 30, 2022, 4:39:02 PM4/30/22
to sljf...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ben (and Lennard),

Not trying to butt in here, but I too would be interested in reading that article if it’s not too dry. I’ve always been curious (well not always) about how the Japanese are actually taught their own language – specifically when it comes to the Kanji. I know there is a “Grade 1”, “Grade 2”, etc. that show what Kanji is taught for each year, but I wonder if they adhere to that completely. Do they use the list – which is arraigned in “alphabetical order” – do they emphasis the sound order or do they (and can they) group them as we in the West seemed obsessed about having the kanji categorized that way. Are the kanji selected to provoke discussion on, say, the days of the week, the various colors, etc. ? Send a link if you know where it’s located.

Thanks Paul Z

Sent from Mail for Windows