[kanji] Rebuild of server data; news page

Ben Bullock

Jan 31, 2021, 12:11:19 AM1/31/21
to sljfaq.org
Top page

Rebuild of server and data

I've done a complete rebuild of the server and the data mostly to check that the tidying up of the files from the previous message was valid.

The Makefile used to construct the kanji.sljfaq.org site was quite out of synch, with a lot of the dependencies actually wrong. I spent some time writing scripts to tidy things up. Another problem causing unnecessary rebuilds was that I was printing dates into some of the source files, of the form

/* This file was created on 31 Jan 2021. */

which was rather silly, because it caused rebuilds to occur over and over even when the code had not changed, just because it was changing the date and time in the file.

Kanji news page

Provisionally I've started a new "kanji news" page, a kind of blog-formatted thing.

Contact us at benkasmi...@gmail.com