stroke order for 都 is different than other sites?

Kurt Steinkraus

Jun 22, 2024, 2:20:08 PMJun 22
to sljfaq.org
Hi,

I noticed that the order of the final three strokes for 都 is different on this site than on other sites, e.g., here and here and even on KanjiVG (which this site says is the source of its Kanji info).  Was there a problem importing from KanjiVG?  Is it likely that other stroke orders are modified as well?

--Kurt

Ben Bullock

Jun 22, 2024, 4:24:42 PMJun 22
to sljf...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't reproduce this:

image.png

image.png

The stroke order for this character hasn't changed in the entire history of the KanjiVG repository.

Kurt Steinkraus

Jun 23, 2024, 2:08:55 PMJun 23
to sljf...@googlegroups.com
Ah!  I think that the mistake I made was that I mentally swapped strokes 9 and 11, because each of their numbers is drawn closer to each other stroke, and the particular random colors that I got the first time I looked didn't make the opposite correspondence more obvious.
Thanks for investigating, and sorry for the bother!
--Kurt

Ben Bullock

Jun 23, 2024, 5:39:08 PMJun 23
to sljf...@googlegroups.com
There are some issues around the stroke numbering locations, and I have heard previously that the colouring doesn't do the job very well for a lot of people. KanjiVG has stroke number locations within its data which are placed by a person, whereas the current version of sljfaq.org puts them there by an algorithm, which is why sometimes the numbers cross over the lines. It would be worth thinking about how to make it easier to read, although it's a very time-consuming process