Usage

1 view

pjkinann

May 29, 2008, 11:01:40 PM5/29/08
to SlimTimer
Slim Timer seems pretty user-friendly; however, it is not working for
me. So if someone would explain what I am doing incorrectly, it would
be appreciated.

I tried it online first, and after I create a new task, on the Manage
Tasks, there doesn't seem to be a way to open just ONE task and start
the timer. I can edit, complete, or delete, but if I click on the
actual task, nothing happens.

Originally I had one task on the on line version, and I could run the
timer without a problem. But then when I stopped it and closed out my
browser for the night and came back the next day, all my time was
gone.

Then I decided to try Bubbles. I entered a new task and ran the
timer. Then I minimized it into the task bar for the night (after
stopping the timer) and when I came back the time was still there.
Then I figured I'd add another task being it worked well. When I
added another task, the first one and all the time disappeared. I
also have an exclamation point with a message in the window that says:
you don't have access to this task. Did you delete it?

So I obviously have no idea how this works or I would be able to add
two tasks, time them, and come back and start up where I left off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
PJ

Mike

May 30, 2008, 8:44:26 AM5/30/08
to SlimTimer
PJ,

SlimTimer is an online tracking tool. Your time is saved to the server
and you can edit the entries or run reports from there. The client
application simply shows you what you've recorded so far and it will
reset if closed. You can hit the slim timer site to see your recorded
time: http://www.slimtimer.com/edit

You can use the same page to manually create time entries against a
task or to edit an entry (for example if you forgot to start or stop a
timer). I haven't used the Bubbles version too much so I can't really
comment on that. I use the Windows tray client: http://mikeandrenee.pilone.org/Projects.aspx

Hope that helps,
-mike