possible to connect bubbles to firefox?

tah...@charter.net

Jan 9, 2008, 2:46:07 PM1/9/08
to SlimTimer
I'm new to both slimtimer and bubbles, so this is doubtless a stupid
question...

I'd like to use slimtimer with bubbles, but when I click on "Edit
Entries" after starting up the timer from the taskbar, it opens in
IE. Can I make it open in firefox instead?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Tahani S.

TorbenGB

Jan 21, 2008, 10:29:02 AM1/21/08
to SlimTimer
I don't think you can do that. The reason is that Bubbles uses a
browser to display the contents. What browser does it use? It uses IE.
Because the content is IE then when you click a link IE is launched
as a new window.

I dislike this too, and therefore I just run SlimTimer in a popup from
Firefox. That works well for me.

/TorbenGB

Eric Archambault

Jan 21, 2008, 5:12:15 PM1/21/08
to slim...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Although I can understand that Buble chose IE as it's installed based is greater, it's a shame that it's not configurable.

TorbenGB

Jan 24, 2008, 4:10:11 AM1/24/08
to SlimTimer
> Thanks. Although I can understand that Buble chose IE as it's installed
> based is greater, it's a shame that it's not configurable.

That has to do with how the browser work, in a software sense: IE can
be used as a plug-in in other applications, whereas Firefox cannot as
far as I know. Therefore essentially any software that want to embed a
browser component (the way Bubbles does) face two options: write a new
browser, or plug in the IE browser.

It would be nice if Firefox were embeddable in the same way, but as
far as I know that is not the case.

--
Torben