Info on Konqueror support

MDCore

May 13, 2008, 10:55:11 AM5/13/08
to SlimTimer
Hey slimtimer guys. Some useful information and possibly a note for
your bugtracker: Slimtimer works just great in Konqueror! The timer
itself and running reports do just fine. The only caveat is tagging +
commenting on tasks from the timer doesn't work.

Using konqy for slimtimer is great for us KDE on linux users because I
can do my work in (crashy) firefox without losing my time!

thanks for the excellent product.
Gav

sasha

May 19, 2008, 1:14:34 PM5/19/08
to SlimTimer
Here something cool for you.

When you click on "Open Timer" small popup opens. Hit "CTRL+m" to show
konqueror toobar and then click on "Settings > Configure View
Profiles" and save new profile as "SlimTimer" (make sure "Save URLs in
profile is checked )

Install alltray ( http://alltray.sourceforge.net/ )

Create new file called slimtask, place it somewhere in your $PATH and
chmod +x to it.

This is what should be in that file
#!/bin/sh
alltray -na -i /path/to/some/22x22/icon/timer.png "konqueror --profile
'SlimTimer'" &

Now you can run your slimtimer by simply typing "slmitimer" and this
should work/look the same as what windows users can get with Bubbles.

One thing that was bothering me was that profile was saved with
konqueror toolbar on top. To get rid on it you have to assign shorcut
to "Configure View Profiles" dialog (I set it up to be ALT+m). When
you have shortcut set hit "CTRL+m" to hide toolbar, hit "ALT+m" to get
"Configure View Profies" dialog and save profile with it's old name
"SlimTimer" and you are done.