Very Slow - SF, CA USA

Mark

Dec 16, 2008, 2:31:23 PM12/16/08
to SlimTimer
Slimtimer has been extremely slow in the last 2 days, with no response
at all today from 11-11:30am PST (GMT -8)

Creating reports sometimes takes 2-3 minutes and it's getting very
painful.
Is there a discussion of this, or where do we get alerted to down
time?
The blog hasn't been updated since July 08.

Thanks

Mark

Dec 16, 2008, 6:03:16 PM12/16/08
to SlimTimer
Anybody there?
This is continuing throughout the day.
It's very very slow and I can't get my data out of there.

Bret Weinraub

Dec 16, 2008, 6:35:26 PM12/16/08
to slim...@googlegroups.com
I've been running my reports @ night....  or be really patient.

If you are just running reports on YOUR data (not using the everyone tab), you'd be better off taking
the data out of the API and reporting locally on it.  You can't get data for shared tasks out of the API
unfortunately.

-bret

clint...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2008, 3:21:31 PM12/16/08
to SlimTimer
Ditto, having similar trouble this week from Birmimgham, AL.

Thomas.Paine

Dec 17, 2008, 1:00:13 PM12/17/08
to SlimTimer
This is the problem with Ruby on Rails .... no scalability :(

Daniel Beardsley

Dec 17, 2008, 1:59:15 PM12/17/08
to SlimTimer
I'm really sorry. We've been trying to diagnose a memory leak.

Rails can scale, but not when we have a memory leak :-)

For now, I've restarted the application, it should be snappy for a
while.

- Slimtimer Team

knjb...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2008, 2:08:22 PM12/17/08
to SlimTimer
Wow, what an improvement. Thank you.

Bret Weinraub

Dec 17, 2008, 3:05:55 PM12/17/08
to slim...@googlegroups.com
demerits for attempting to start a flame war