Major timezone problem

anon

Jun 2, 2011, 1:10:46 PM6/2/11
to SlimStat
A similar problem was reported a few months ago. But I realised that
this was a major major problem for users.

My webhost's timezone is GMT -5 and my config's timezone is +8. (12/13
hour difference depending on daylight savings)

I noticed that every month, the first day would have no stats.

I think what happens is that the times on the DB are not converted to
the user's timezone.

But anyway if this isn't fixed soon, I'd probably remove slimstat.

Stephen Wettone

Jun 2, 2011, 3:01:37 PM6/2/11
to slim...@googlegroups.com
On 2 Jun 2011, at 18:10, anon wrote:
> My webhost's timezone is GMT -5 and my config's timezone is +8. (12/13
> hour difference depending on daylight savings)
>
> I noticed that every month, the first day would have no stats.
>
> I think what happens is that the times on the DB are not converted to
> the user's timezone.

The times in the DB are stored in GMT, and displayed in whatever timezone you specify.

See the $timezone variable in _lib/config.php:

http://code.google.com/p/slimstat/source/browse/trunk/_lib/config.php#58

Set that to whatever timezone you are in (not your server) and you should see stats in your local time.

Stephen