Peptide Ranker

Salva

Feb 18, 2013, 10:41:06 AM2/18/13
to slimfinder...@googlegroups.com
Hi
would like to know if Peptide Ranker can be used to predictor antimicrobial activity of the peptides present in milk and cheese.

Thank you

Salvatore Pisanu

Feb 18, 2013, 10:49:19 AM2/18/13
to slimfinder...@googlegroups.com
Sorry
I made a mistake no antimicrobial activity but bioactivity....

Thanks
> --
> --
> To visit the SLiMFinder webserver goto:
> http://bioware.ucd.ie/~compass/ <http://bioware.ucd.ie/%7Ecompass/>
>
> ---
> Groups "Bioware Users" group.
> an email to slimfinder-user-...@googlegroups.com.

Niall Haslam

Feb 18, 2013, 11:25:59 AM2/18/13
to slimfinder...@googlegroups.com
Hi Salva,

If you have a milk protein for example you could break the sequence into peptides and use PeptideRanker to predict, and rank, how likely each of these peptides is to be bioactive. PeptideRanker will not predict specifically if the activity is antimicrobial or not, or how bioactive the peptide is likely to be.

You could also try using PeptideLocator to predict which regions of your protein sequences are most likely to be bioactive.

Thanks.

On 18 February 2013 15:49, Salvatore Pisanu <salva....@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry
I made a mistake no antimicrobial activity but bioactivity....

Thanks

Il 18/02/2013 16:41, Salva ha scritto:
Hi
I would like to know if Peptide Ranker can be used to predictor antimicrobial activity of the peptides present in milk and cheese.

Thank you
To visit the SLiMFinder webserver goto:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bioware Users" group.