Problems importing msprime

193 vues

Thomas Birley

non lue,
12 mai 2022, 06:04:5012/05/2022
à slim-discuss

Hi everyone,

When I try to import msprime and on MacOS and I get the following traceback

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/filename.py", line 1, in <module> import msprime File "/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/msprime/__init__.py", line 28, in <module> from msprime._msprime import ( ImportError: dlopen(/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/msprime/_msprime.cpython-39-darwin.so, 0x0002): symbol not found in flat namespace '_cblas_caxpy'

I had previously been getting the traceback:

ImportError: dlopen(/opt/anaconda3/envs/slim-workshop/lib/python3.10/site-packages/msprime/_msprime.cpython-310-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: @rpath/libgsl.25.dylib

So I used: ln -s libgsl.27.dylib libgsl.25.dylib

To create a symbolic link between libgsl.25.dylib and libgsl.27.dylib (which is the version of the library I have) as per:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gsl/lib/libgsl.23.dylib

I think this might be realted to the problem that I have but have otherwise no idea how what is happening or how to fix it so any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ben Haller

non lue,
12 mai 2022, 07:51:4812/05/2022
à slim-discuss
Hi Thomas,

This is an msprime issue, not a SLiM issue, so you probably want to take it up with those folks; I certainly have no idea :->.  See links here:

Sounds like they prefer that you open a Discussion on the msprime GitHub repo.

Cheers,
-B.

Benjamin C. Haller
Messer Lab