Individual survive iteration even with fitnessScaling set to 0

Anita Lerch

Oct 26, 2021, 10:42:08 AM10/26/21
to slim-discuss
Hi,
I have a "nonWF" model where I simulate lethal sampling.
I subsample the population and set the fitnessScaling to 0 to simulate the lethal sampling.
I do that right after I set the fitnessScaling for the current iteration (base on a larval carrying capacity).
However I noticed that some individual still survive to the next iteration. How is that possible, when the individual with fitnessScaling equals 0 are meant to die in the nonWF model?
I do not have any actions in the late callback, which could interfere.
Thanks,
Anita

Ben Haller

Oct 26, 2021, 11:35:02 AM10/26/21
to slim-discuss
Hi Anita.  I'd need to see your model to diagnose this problem.  Please post your model's code, simplified as much as possible (while still keeping the problem intact, of course), and in a form that runs in SLiMgui (i.e., not requiring command-line parameters).  Also, please indicate exactly what evidence shows you that an individual that you had marked for death has, in fact, survived.  Thanks!

Cheers,
-B.

Benjamin C. Haller
Messer Lab