A new paper on tree-sequence recording

Ben Haller

Sep 4, 2018, 10:16:25 AM9/4/18
to slim-announce
Hi all.  A quick announcement: we've got a new paper up on bioRxiv related to SLiM:

Benjamin C. Haller, Jared Galloway, Jerome Kelleher, Philipp W. Messer, and Peter L. Ralph. (2018). Tree-sequence recording in SLiM opens new horizons for forward-time simulation of whole genomes.  bioRxiv, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/407783

A link:

If you're interested in making your forward simulations faster (and who isn't? :->), I think this paper ought to be of considerable interest.  Beyond the very large speed improvements that tree-sequence recording can bring, there are many other benefits, as discussed in the paper.  We're very excited about this!

Cheers,

Benjamin C. Haller
Messer Lab
Cornell University