SLiM 2 at Evolution in Portland

Ben Haller

Jun 21, 2017, 10:36:31 PM6/21/17
to slim-announce
Greetings SLiM users!  Just a quick email to let you all know that I will be at the Evolution 2017 conference in Portland, and would love to connect with SLiM users there.  Feel free to drop me a private email to connect up (please don't reply to the whole mailing list).

I'll be giving two talks about SLiM.  The first is a lightning talk during the iEvoBio session on the 23rd, and iEvoBio is a paid separate event, so if you've signed up for iEvoBio you'll see it and if you haven't you won't.  :->  The second is on Tuesday the 27th, in the Geographic Variation session, at 10:30 AM.  It's in that session because I plan to focus particularly on the new SLiM 2.3 features supporting continuous-space models: spatial positioning, landscape maps, and spatial interactions.

I will also be set up on a table during the first poster session, on Saturday the 24th, from 6-8 PM; that's a part of the "Software Bazaar" corner of the poster session.  I am hoping to be set up at a table during the other poster sessions too, but it's not clear whether that will happen.  Anyway, stop by during that if you like.

And again, feel free to email me if you want to connect!

Cheers,

Benjamin C. Haller
Messer Lab
Cornell University