Alternative to cheaper "disk space" and Amazon

Spike

Apr 19, 2011, 4:41:35 PM4/19/11
to SlideSix Open Source
Hey,
I saw your post regarding running out of disk space, bandwidth, etc.
There were some suggestions to implementing Amazon S3 whatnot.

Here is my suggestion if you have not already decided to go with
Amazon web services. In one of my previous projects, we had to use lot
of disk space and bandwidth, so we ended up creating CDN, where we
ended up creating low cost content delivery structure.

I have seen many sites take advantage of this peice of technology. The
idea itself is very simple!

Again, I think it would be a good idea to look into it if you already
have not.

Syed

Todd Sharp

Apr 19, 2011, 5:35:01 PM4/19/11
to SlideSix Open Source
At this point since David Mineer has so graciously donated the s3
space - and since CF 9+ integrates with it so easily - I think I'm
going to stick with Amazon. That's not to say that the code couldn't
be forked to support other CDN/storage type alternatives. I've tried
to structure the IO type functionality into a single service so it's
easily modified going forward. But thanks for the idea!!

Spike

Apr 19, 2011, 10:43:48 PM4/19/11
to SlideSix Open Source
Cool, looking forward to see the implementation.