Looking For Guidance On Possible Feature Additions

Todd Sharp

May 24, 2011, 10:29:54 AM5/24/11
to SlideSix Open Source
I wonder what you all think about adding some social aspects to
SlideSix? I know we're up to our ears with social media already - but
would it add value to the site to allow for some features like:

*Following Users
*Twitter Integration
*Facebook Integration
*How Much?
*User blog integration (via RSS feed)
*"Like" Slideshows/Events/Groups/Users (could be a simple FB Like
button...)

What else? Those are about the only value added features I can think
to add - but are those even worth adding?

Joe Brislin

May 24, 2011, 10:53:27 AM5/24/11
to slidesix-o...@googlegroups.com
LinkedIn integration could be useful as well so that users can post
their slides on their profile page. It looks like you'd have to submit
the application proposal to LinkedIn but it might be worthwhile since it
would value added.
http://developer.linkedin.com/themes/linkedin-home/form-inapps.html

Thanks,
Joe

Camden, Raymond

May 24, 2011, 10:56:51 AM5/24/11
to slidesix-o...@googlegroups.com
Personally I think Twitter integration would be good if was very
simple - ie, hashtag search support. So if I say my preso is related
to hashtag

#jediajax

Then you could simply show the last 50 results for that .No need for
OAUTH or anything fancy.

Facebook: Add a Like button. It's nice and takes 2 seconds.

> --

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com
Twitter: cfjedimaster

todd sharp

May 24, 2011, 10:56:49 AM5/24/11
to slidesix-o...@googlegroups.com
I'd looked into that a (long) while back but their API and the whole process seemed massively overcomplicated so it turned me off real quick.  I'll take another look, maybe it's gotten better/easier.  Thanks for the suggestion Joe!

Todd Sharp
Sharp Interactive, LLC
http://slidesix.com -- Multimedia Enabled Presentation Sharing
IM:  cfsi...@gmail.com
Blog:  http://cfsilence.com
Twitter: @cfsilence | @slidesix

todd sharp

May 24, 2011, 11:00:51 AM5/24/11
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Camden, Raymond <r...@camdenfamily.com> wrote:
Personally I think Twitter integration would be good if was very
simple - ie, hashtag search support. So if I say my preso is related
to hashtag

#jediajax

This exists in the desktop application right now (nudge, nudge ;) -- but it'd be interesting to add that to the preso page I agree!  Add a keyword to the preso and monitor that keyword on the preso page.  I'd be afraid of spam linkage (spammer uses a spammy keyword which ends up putting spammy links via Twitter on the site) but since the plan is to not allow spammers to register in the first place (still not sure how I'm going to handle that) hopefully we can negate that possibility.

Facebook: Add a Like button. It's nice and takes 2 seconds.

Aye.  I agree.