Javascript API for slideshow player

sugandha

Jan 20, 2011, 7:21:20 AM1/20/11
to SlideShare Developers
Hello everyone,

We are introducing a new javascript API for our Slideshow player.
Using this API, you can control the player and navigate through the
slides from javascript.

For further details you can look at the documentation
http://www.slideshare.net/developers/playerapi.
An implemented rudimentary demo can be found at
http://www.slideshare.net/developers/playerapi/demo.
The sample code for the same is available at
https://github.com/slideshare/SlideshareAPIExamples/tree/master/playerAPI.

So gear up, show your creativity and create mashups with the same.
Do post them on this group so that others can benefit from your
experiences, we can feature it as well.

-sugandha

andypiper

Feb 3, 2011, 9:42:20 PM2/3/11
to slideshare...@googlegroups.com
Are there any plans to drop the dependency on Flash and move to a pure HTML 5 player? The API announcement and ability to manipulate the player through JS is a great step, and I'm guessing that the iPhone site is using HTML 5 rather than Flash, so it would be nice if the player widget was no longer dependent on Flash.

Andy

Amit Ranjan

Feb 3, 2011, 11:41:03 PM2/3/11
to slideshare...@googlegroups.com, andypiper
Andy,

We are working on a non Flash version .... stay tuned.

And yes, the mobile site is not using Flash... so if your building a
mashup or something, you can use that.

amit

Carla Teixeira

Nov 17, 2016, 3:05:15 PM11/17/16
to SlideShare Developers
Hi,

What happened to PlayerAPI ? It doesn't work anymore. The link to documentations on these topic are broken. Linked In Support doesn't answer the tickets we opened.

This feature was very useful for a long time and would be great if this back to work again.