API seems to have broken

David Risner

Jul 29, 2015, 9:13:54 PM7/29/15
to slideshare...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the SlideShare API for a while now to using the "search_slideshows" function.

Just in the past couple of days, I always get the following response when using the search_slideshows function:

<SlideShareServiceError>
<Message ID="106">Request Timeout or Failed. Please try again.</Message>
</SlideShareServiceError>

Here is a sample of the URL I'm using with the api_key and hash removed.

I tried contacting support, but they told me to come here. I haven't been able to find any reference to this in the documentation.

Anybody have any advice? Am I the only one even using this?

It seems to me that something has broken on the SlideShare side, so it's likely nothing I can fix, but support won't touch it, so I can't let them know there's a problem.

David Risner

Aug 11, 2015, 4:12:05 AM8/11/15
to SlideShare Developers, da...@risner.org
I have to assume the SlideShare API is a zombie that is just continuing to run with no one actually working on it.

I tried contacting support about this issue and their only response is to point me to here. I tried emailing a...@slideshare.net which is an address on their developer page and the email bounced saying that the address didn't exist. I also tried the standard webm...@slideshare.net and got the same bounce.

There hasn't been any response here.

We've removed SlideShare from our product until the search API is working again, if ever.