Re: Unable to modify the columns width

Hecktarzuli

Apr 5, 2013, 9:42:28 PM4/5/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your input

On Apr 5, 2013 8:41 PM, "Juan Simón" <dece...@gmail.com> wrote:
Unable to modify the columns width.
The column width (channels, contents) is fixed, determined by the longest title of the channels. This should be adjustable.

--

---

Edward Morbius

Jan 6, 2014, 6:54:38 AM1/6/14
to slic...@googlegroups.com
I sought out this group due to a similar problem.  There are a few UI aspects which might address this well.

The present rendering of the feeds list is as HTML tables, rows, and cells.  This leads to a number of issues, including the fact that the layout is fixed (narrow screens still get a two-column view, wider screens which might benefit from 3-4 columns don't, and people who have a preference for a single-column view can't request it.

A way to address pretty much all of this would be to replace the existing table structure with the CSS3 columns feature:

Combining this with @media and screenwidth selectors would allow transitioning between single, double, and triple column layouts (if preferred).  A user switch for permanently setting the column counts could also be applied.  I've restyled a number of sites using local CSS tools (Stylebot / Stylish), and some examples of CSS columns are here:

As for other features:

I'd very much like to see is the ability to set font size.  The default is far too small, and page zooming isn't quite what I'm looking for.  Because of how extensions are presented, my usual Stylebot fixes can't be applied.