Future of slick-rss (and a request to the author)

Anthony Garcia

Feb 22, 2014, 7:50:41 AM2/22/14
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Josh, since you're going to be retiring from maintaining slick-rss. Do you think you could find the time to put a license on the code and put the git repo somewhere? It'd be much appreciated by us all and I'm sure someone will step in to take over since this does have potential. Regardless of how much cleanup the code needs. I'd volunteer to maintain it myself but I can't commit for sure right now due to time constraints. But if you don't wish to have it under your account anymore you can also send the repo to me and I'll make sure it has a good home. Either way there's potential for it to live on, and it doesn't necessarily have to be by your hand. It's one of the few readers that have the right features, doesn't rely on third parties and has no bloat or money grabs. I don't understand why this is such a rarity but slick-rss is one of the few, so it'd be a damn shame for it to die.