Patch for fixing phantom unread count

Anthony Garcia

Dec 12, 2013, 3:40:37 AM12/12/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
I recently switched to this feed reader when my last one uh... Became severely less useful. I've used this before but stopped due to the problem in the subject, but besides that I think it has a lot of potential. Here's a patch to fix the problem.

P.S. Mr. Author, you should consider applying a license to this and opening a git repo.
background.js.patch

Hecktarzuli

Dec 17, 2013, 10:27:37 PM12/17/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Git Repo, that's exactly what I plan on doing with v3

Ka Chow!

--

---

Anthony Garcia

Dec 18, 2013, 11:38:14 PM12/18/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, I will try to make my changes mergeable to it (unless the new stuff makes mine redundant). Thank you for deciding to not make yet another "pro" type reader. That was part (but not all) of the reason I stopped using the last one. It was spamming ads for a version with obvious features. I think once you put up a paypal or other donation route you'll see far more monetary contributions than you would forcing a "pro" version.  For the time being though, I'm accumulating several changes in my own copy. Is there a possibility of you releasing a new version before 3, or shall I hold off on publishing more patches? I was going to add one for an "open all unread" button but now I'm not sure how to proceed.

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:27:37 PM UTC-7, Joshua Deltener wrote:
Git Repo, that's exactly what I plan on doing with v3

Ka Chow!

Dec 19, 2013, 12:16:16 AM12/19/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Don't bother v3 is a complete rewrite

Anthony Garcia

Dec 19, 2013, 1:07:49 AM12/19/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough, I'll just leave this other patch here and from then on wait eagerly for v3.
openallunread.patch

Simeon Velichkov

Jan 6, 2014, 10:39:23 AM1/6/14
to slic...@googlegroups.com
+ For open sourcing this extension. I'm a developer too so it will be really nifty for me to be able to customize some things on my own and if I come up with something interesting why not make a pull request too :)