Slick RSS v3 will be Slick RSS Pro

Joshua Deltener

Oct 12, 2012, 12:37:43 AM10/12/12
to slic...@googlegroups.com
As some have suggested, going forward I plan on leaving the v2 extension as is and putting v3 into a new extension called Slick RSS Pro.

Pro will have a huge feature set compared to v2 and will be the only platform for new development.

Currently I plan on selling it from $1-3 dollars.
Message has been deleted

Mitranim Wight

Oct 22, 2012, 4:27:59 AM10/22/12
to slic...@googlegroups.com
I would most certainly buy it, as Slick is a lovely extension and the only existing full-tabbed RSS client for Chrome. My life would be a little more painful without it, and an upgrade is welcome. However, I believe most users would be unwilling to try a paid extension, and given the surprisingly small userbase for Slick, and surprisingly large amount of crappy other RSS extensions, I wouldn't expect many purchases. A trial version would be great for getting people onto the train, if that's possible in Chrome Store. An alternate way could be to promote donations, by posting related info on the app page in Chrome Store, in this group (a sticky message), and on the options page in Slick. I love the work you do, and I hope others could show appreciation, too.

Hecktarzuli

Oct 22, 2012, 5:38:09 PM10/22/12
to slic...@googlegroups.com
Apparently the web store doesn't have a direct way to sell extensions yet, so yes It may be a trail or other model that gets the purchase after install.  That will be challenging because of the open nature of extensions, but we'll see :B

--

Message has been deleted

Joshua Deltener

Oct 22, 2012, 5:44:48 PM10/22/12
to slic...@googlegroups.com
ps.  My goal is for your life to be a LOT more painful without it.  Maybe v3 can do it :)

Joshua Deltener

Oct 24, 2012, 3:42:40 PM10/24/12
to slic...@googlegroups.com
It probably won't on first release, but yes that's a major goal for me.

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:14:01 PM UTC-5, Mazilu Teodor wrote:
Will we ever see GReader integration? If that's on the feature list, I will buy it,

Jacopo Tarantino

Dec 15, 2013, 10:33:53 PM12/15/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
So, it sounds like you're not going open source but could I collaborate? Going over the source there's a number of things I'd like to fix and would love more direct access if I could get it.

Hecktarzuli

Dec 17, 2013, 10:33:36 PM12/17/13
to slic...@googlegroups.com
No, I changed my mind.  v3 will be open source.  V2's source code is hot garbage.  v3 is much better.  Don't look at the code unless you want examples of how NOT to write a Chrome extension :)

--

---