Import sleep data from backup problem

Jani Kivisola

Feb 10, 2018, 6:55:26 AM2/10/18
to Sleep as Android
Hello, I recently updated my Android operating system and made a total reset of the phone. I installed Sleep as Android again and downloaded data from Sleep Cloud where I store backup of the data. I have done this several times before without problems.

This time, however, there seems to be some missing data in Sleep Cloud. Probably the data export to cloud was not functioning properly for a month.

Luckily, the data was stored in Google Drive, which I also have connected to Sleep as Android, but I am having a hard time getting the application to import from there.

Normal "import from cloud" does get the data to phone from Google Drive, for some reason.

I have tried renaming file in Google Drive, downloading the csv and data files to computer and saving them to phone's sleep-data folder with name sleep-export.csv. When choosing "import from local file" it says import has succeeded, but still the missing data does not appear to the list of sleep records in app.

Even when I delete manually sleep-export.csv from sleep-data folder, and then do "import from file", it says success! Import from non-existing file is no problem for this app. :-)

I have restarted the phone in between file transfers and renaming, I have switched off Sleep Cloud and left only Google Drive connected, but nothing seems to work. There should be more options, for instance: import from Google Drive, import from certain file etc. It's hard to know what is happening when the app does not say if it's importing from Sleep Cloud or Google Drive, or which file it's trying to read.

It seems the data in app and data in Sleep Cloud keep overriding the data in Google Drive, thus not getting missing data that is only present in Google Drive datafile and csv.

Any help is appreciated.

-jani

Martin Stava

Feb 20, 2018, 9:48:10 AM2/20/18
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Martin replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Feb 20, 15:47
Hello ,

thank you for reporting this issue. Could you please:
1) Disconnect and again connect the backup service in Settings > Services > Cloud backup
2) Use Left menu > Backup > Upload to cloud
3) Send a debug report from Settings > Services > Cloud backup > Menu > Report a bug (HOWTO video here: https://youtu.be/1TEpwe4hK2g)

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Martin Stava
Urbandroid Team

Did we help you? Please help us by rating our app.

Follow us:

Sleep as Android Googlegroup sent a message

Feb 10, 12:55

{#HS:521704045-58562#}
Message has been deleted