Red Sleep Graph on OP3 (not using a wearable)

fakelvis

Jul 2, 2016, 4:51:00 AM7/2/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi there,

I've been using Sleep As Android for a few months and have never encountered an issue with my sleep graph (using a OnePlus 1).

However, two days ago I switched to a OnePlus 3 and since then receive sleep graphs like the attached image: full of red bars (sometimes no peaks at all and just a single red bar all night).

Is this a known issue with the OnePlus 3? Is there a way I can improve the sensitivity? Or is this an internal problem with the accelerometer?

I've run a sensor test and everything is acting completely fine, no issues.

Cheers!
graph_detail_20160701_23.41.png

Petr Nalevka

Jul 2, 2016, 4:15:01 PM7/2/16
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Jul 2, 22:14
Hello, something is really wrong on 1+3..Can you please try to disable settings-sleep tracking- battery optimized?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team
Follow us:

Sleep as Android Googlegroup sent a message

Jul 2, 10:51

{#HS:222372335-18004#}

fakelvis

Jul 3, 2016, 8:02:35 AM7/3/16
to Sleep as Android
Thanks Petr,

Unfortunately this did not help.

The option was already disabled. I turned it on and off again, just to make sure.

Alas, this morning my graph was again almost entirely red (even worse than the one displayed above).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
fakelvis

fakelvis

Jul 4, 2016, 2:51:47 AM7/4/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi all,

I may have found a solution to this issue…

I wondered if maybe the OP3 (well, Oxygen OS I guess?) was being a bit overzealous in its implementation of Android's Doze mode. As such, when I don't move at all for a while, the phone itself goes into deep sleep. The previous sleep graphs therefore only showed activity during Doze's intermittent maintenance window.

So… in the battery optimisation settings I indicated that Sleep as Android should be excluded from Doze (not optimised). The results from last night are attached.

This looks like it could be solved. I will test again the coming nights.

If I do not report back... the issue is solved. :)

Cheers,
fakelvis
graph_detail_20160703_22.55.png

Jean-Paul Detiege

Jul 4, 2016, 11:54:58 PM7/4/16
to Sleep as Android
Can I ask, is your phone plugged in while sleep tracking? My understanding of both Doze and Optimize Apps is that they only change the behavior of anything while the phone is using battery power. While the phone is plugged in, neither should have any effect. Unless One+ has changed something...

Petr Nalevka

Jul 11, 2016, 10:28:00 AM7/11/16
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Jul 11, 16:27
When you plug your phone in, doze mode should not take over. Also we try to prevent doze from happening using a foreground service. This is described here:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=193802

But I'm not sure why CM ignores this..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team
Follow us:

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Jul 5, 5:55
Can I ask, is your phone plugged in while sleep tracking? My understanding of both Doze and Optimize Apps is that they only change the behavior of anything while the phone is using battery power. While the phone is plugged in, neither should have any effect. Unless One+ has changed something...

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Jul 4, 8:52
Hi all,

I may have found a solution to this issue…

I wondered if maybe the OP3 (well, Oxygen OS I guess?) was being a bit
overzealous in its implementation of Android's Doze mode. As such, when I
don't move at all for a while, the phone itself goes into deep sleep. The
previous sleep graphs therefore only showed activity during Doze's
intermittent maintenance window.

So… in the battery optimisation settings I indicated that Sleep as Android
should be excluded from Doze (not optimised). The results from last night
are attached.

This looks like it could be solved. I will test again the coming nights.

If I do not report back... the issue is solved. :)

Cheers,
fakelvis

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Jul 3, 14:02
Thanks Petr,

Unfortunately this did not help.

The option was already disabled. I turned it on and off again, just to make
sure.

Alas, this morning my graph was again almost entirely red (even worse than
the one displayed above).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
fakelvis

fakelvis

Jul 11, 2016, 10:40:28 AM7/11/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi both,

Just to confirm, I do not plug my phone in overnight when using Sleep as Android on the OP3.

Since disabling Doze / battery optimisation for the app, I've still not encountered any issues (well... it's a bit overly sensitive, but that's all).

Cheers...