Android Wear device only vibrates once on alarm.

Paul Soulos

Sep 22, 2015, 10:43:34 AM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android
I have an Android Wear device set to vibrate on alarm. It does vibrate, but only once and then never again while the phone continues to vibrate until I turn off the alarm. How can I make the watch continue to vibrate until I snooze or dismiss the alarm?

Petr Nalevka

Sep 22, 2015, 11:41:12 AM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup

Petr replied

Sep 22, 17:40
Hello,

many thanks for purchasing the full version we do very much appreciate that and will use your contribution to further improve the app. Please note that we use gentle vibrations. It starts with a single vibe, another in 30s, than again in 20s and so on. After few minutes the vibrations will be continuous. You can control when vibrations on the watch start using settings>smartwatch>vibration and you always have a backup alarm on your phone in case something would happen to your watch.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup sent a message

Sep 22, 16:43
I have an Android Wear device set to vibrate on alarm. It does vibrate, but only once and then never again while the phone continues to vibrate until I turn off the alarm. How can I make the watch continue to vibrate until I snooze or dismiss the alarm?

{#HS:122719763-9677#}
Powered by Help Scout

Paul Soulos

Sep 22, 2015, 4:52:04 PM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup
What does the "before" option mean for the watch vibration. I notice that the vibration accelerates much more quickly on the phone than the watch.

Basically the scenario I want is

6:30 Alarm
- 6:30 watch vibrates to wake me up
- 6:35 if I did not dismiss the alarm, I am sleeping through the watch. The phone should start ringing now.

How can I accomplish this?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.

Petr Nalevka

Sep 22, 2015, 4:56:54 PM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup

Petr replied

Sep 22, 22:56
Hello, sure this should be no issue to configure, please just set vibration to start after X minutes and smartwatch vibrations to start at alarm start..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Sep 22, 22:53
What does the "before" option mean for the watch vibration. I notice that
the vibration accelerates much more quickly on the phone than the watch.

Basically the scenario I want is

6:30 Alarm
- 6:30 watch vibrates to wake me up
- 6:35 if I did not dismiss the alarm, I am sleeping through the watch. The
phone should start ringing now.

How can I accomplish this?

Paul Soulos

Sep 22, 2015, 4:59:02 PM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup
How do I make the phone's volume start after X minutes?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.

Petr Nalevka

Sep 22, 2015, 5:05:50 PM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup

Petr replied

Sep 22, 23:05
I would recommend using a longer gentle volume increase period.. for example if you use 24 minutes, then several minutes in the beginning the volume is not hearable..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Sep 22, 23:00
How do I make the phone's volume start after X minutes?

Paul Soulos

Sep 22, 2015, 5:07:21 PM9/22/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup
But I want the sound alarm to wake me up after 5 minutes if the watch does not. Using a 24 minute gentle volume increase periods means the volume will still be very soft at 5 minutes.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.

Stefan Wrobel

Oct 20, 2015, 11:31:40 AM10/20/15
to Sleep as Android
Just another input - I would like my Zenwatch 2 to wake me with vibration only so as not to wake my girlfriend. When I had a pebble and used it with SaA, the vibration was persistent enough that I could turn off sound & phone vibration and it would wake me no problem.

I'm happy to test anything with the Zenwatch 2 since it's new. Battery usage seems much better than the v1 - stats showed 6% for SaA last night on theater mode.

Petr Nalevka

Oct 21, 2015, 11:39:51 AM10/21/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup

Petr replied

Oct 21, 17:39
Hello, we will have a look at the issue. Regarding Zenwatch vibration you are saying the the device default vibrations are much smoother than on the Pebble watch?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Oct 20, 17:32
Just another input - I would like my Zenwatch 2 to wake me with vibration only so as not to wake my girlfriend. When I had a pebble and used it with SaA, the vibration was persistent enough that I could turn off sound & phone vibration and it would wake me no problem.

I'm happy to test anything with the Zenwatch 2 since it's new. Battery usage seems much better than the v1 - stats showed 6% for SaA last night on theater mode.

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Sep 22, 23:07
[...]

This email has been limited to the 6 most recent threads.

Powered by Help Scout

Stefan Wrobel

Oct 21, 2015, 7:04:46 PM10/21/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

OK, I just tested it and it seems that the smartwatch vibrations are like the gentle volume increase pattern. It starts out vibrating once, then waiting maybe 30 seconds, then again, then 15 seconds, then again, and eventually reaches a persistent vibration like I remember experiencing when I used SaA with my Pebble. I guess I should've tested more thoroughly before reporting an issue.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.