Bug: backup alarm isn't full volume

Martin Segado

Jan 25, 2018, 11:34:28 PM1/25/18
to Sleep as Android
Hello!

The documentation says that "...if You let Your alarm ring and do not interact with it (perhaps You are still sleeping and set it to low volume – so it didn’t wake You up!), the backup alarm will start playing at full volume after a set period". However, this did not seem to happen on either phone I've tried (a Moto X4 w/ Android 8.0 and a Nexus 5X w/ Android 8.1); instead, the backup alarm plays at the same volume that is set for the regular alarm, even if that is very quiet.

I've also noticed that the volume slider shown when choosing the backup alarm ringtone is linked to the regular alarm volume; changing it also changes the regular alarm volume slider, and vice versa.

Let me know if you need any more info to debug!

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Segado

Jan 25, 2018, 11:38:39 PM1/25/18
to Sleep as Android
(just submitted a bug report through the app menu and included the logs, too)

Petr Nalevka

Feb 1, 2018, 9:12:22 AM2/1/18
to Martin Segado, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Feb 1, 15:12
Hello Martin,

thank you very much for this error report and sorry for the issue. We have found a solution and will release a fix very soon (in a few days). Please check Play for updates.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Did we help you? Please help us by rating our app.

Follow us:

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Jan 26, 5:38
(just submitted a bug report through the app menu and included the logs, too)

Martin Segado replied

Jan 26, 5:37

Please help us improve the application by sending the attached error report.

Your comment:
Hello!

The documentation says that "...if You let Your alarm ring and do not interact with it (perhaps You are still sleeping and set it to low volume - so it didn't wake You up!), the backup alarm will start playing at full volume after a set period". However, this did not seem to happen on either phone I've tried (a Moto X4 w/ Android 8.0 and a Nexus 5X w/ Android 8.1); instead, the backup alarm plays at the same volume that is set for the regular alarm, even if that is very quiet.

I've also noticed that the volume slider shown when choosing the backup alarm ringtone is linked to the regular alarm volume; changing it also changes the regular alarm volume slider, and vice versa.

Let me know if you need any more info to debug!

Thanks,
Martin

motorola moto x4

(sent from my phone)

Sleep as Android Googlegroup sent a message

Jan 26, 5:34

{#HS:512621613-57909#}

Martin Segado

Feb 9, 2018, 10:59:55 AM2/9/18
to Petr Nalevka, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome, and no need to be sorry at all!

Petr Nalevka

Feb 13, 2018, 9:04:53 AM2/13/18
to Martin Segado, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Feb 13, 15:04
Many thanks, if you have a chance to test this and confirm the fix that would be great..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Did we help you? Please help us by rating our app.

Follow us:

Martin Segado replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Feb 9, 17:00
You're welcome, and no need to be sorry at all!