Fwd: Sleep as Android

Petr Nalevka

Apr 3, 2018, 5:17:10 AM4/3/18
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com, urbandr...@gmail.com

Petr forwarded the conversation

Cc: urbandr...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 11:16

Hello Chris,

the issue is awake detection using your HR data, in fact when ever HR significantly peaks and you are in light sleep at the same time we consider this an awake. But of course the HR sensors on wearables are far from deal, and there may be false positives. If you want to get rid of this feature simply turn of settings - sleep tracking - awake detection or turn off HR tracking in settings - wearables..

Chris Gossard replied

From: chris....@gmail.com

Cc: urbandr...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 20:24
Hi Petr,

I just sent the bug report and below is the screen shot from Tuesday. I started the app at 10:02 pm Monday night and stopped it at 5:56 am. According to the Pebble app I slept 7:45 hours which seems much closer to actual since I didn't get up during the night. That said, the Pebble app calculated 1:48 hours of deep sleep, so that seems incorrect. Thanks!

image003.jpg@01D3C687.3FBDBC00

Petr replied

Cc: urbandr...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 16:16
Hello Chris,

can you please use menu - report a bug - send the report and also ideally share one of the affected graph details screens with us?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Did we help you? Please help us by rating our app.

Follow us:

Chris Gossard sent a message

From: chris....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 20:05
Hi -
I'm in the beta program and I've been having problems with sleep tracking - specifically, your App appears to be shorting me between a half hour and an hour of sleep every night. This has been going on for approximately the past 4+ weeks.

I use a Pebble 2 for sleep tracking for your app, and between counting the hours manually that I know I was in bed, info from the Pebble app and Sleep as Android, SaA is always coming up short.

Case in point, last night -

I started your app at 10:02 and woke up with the alarm at 5:56 am. I didn't get out of bed last night to go to the bathroom, nor did I wake up at all. So, for ease of calculation, if I had fallen asleep right away, that's almost 8 hours of sleep

According to Sleep As Android, I slept 7:03 hours

According to my Pebble app, I slept 7:45 hours

And, like I said, this variation is very consistent with your app always being on the short end.

Do you have an idea about what might be going on? Seems weird that with my Pebble 2 providing the info to both apps that there is this big of a difference.

Thanks.

Chris

{#HS:553589154-60770#}