Gear S2

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 7, 2015, 1:59:36 AM11/7/15
to Sleep as Android
I just got the gear s2 classic and I was wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on there

Petr Nalevka

Nov 7, 2015, 6:04:06 AM11/7/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Nov 7, 12:03
Hello,

thank you for your kind support! Unfortunately Gear S2 has issues with battery life when doing a full night tracking sleep. It losses around 80% of battery per night. Samsung asked us to remove support for S2 from the Galaxy store. We are working with Samsung now so see whether we can return the app back to the store and if there are some technical solutions. Unfortunately we cannot distribute the app outside of Galaxy app store as this is a signature restriction build in by Samsung.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup sent a message

Nov 7, 7:59
I just got the gear s2 classic and I was wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on there

{#HS:137052309-10522#}
Powered by Help Scout

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 8, 2015, 2:49:38 AM11/8/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
I heard that and it is unfortunate. I am curious if you are aware of the application sleep on android and know if it is possible to make the s2 compatible with that application safely?
Best,
Ploutis Zambas

Petr Nalevka

Nov 8, 2015, 5:25:13 PM11/8/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Petr replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Nov 8, 23:24
This is actually what a meant we had to pull the S2 plug-in for Sleep as Android. Sorry about that..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Nov 8, 8:49
I heard that and it is unfortunate. I am curious if you are aware of the
application sleep on android and know if it is possible to make the s2
compatible with that application safely?
Best,
Ploutis Zambas

David Hammerslag

Nov 17, 2015, 9:27:32 PM11/17/15
to Sleep as Android
I really like Sleep as Android, but want to use it with my Gear S2.  Is there a way to find out when you work out support (or need beta testers!)?

Robert Schneeweis

Nov 19, 2015, 3:45:54 PM11/19/15
to Sleep as Android
I have a G S2 Classic also, I too would like to know if there is a projected ETA of this getting hammered out. I would also volunteer to be a beta tester. I use Sleep as Android every night and would love to keep my phone on my nightstand verse on my bed.

Thanks
Robert

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 19, 2015, 3:48:29 PM11/19/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded a paid application called g-night that temporarily works, but it's not very good for 1.99 and it is lacking in detail. You get a small graph on the watch and that's it. No companion application for the phone which would definitely help this application.

Jiri Richter

Nov 26, 2015, 5:58:30 AM11/26/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Jiri replied

Nov 26, 11:58
We've released the Samsung S2 addon for Sleep as Android. You can download it here: http://sleep.urbandroid.org/more/download/
Please note that we distribute it outside the Samsung Galaxy store, so you probably need to allow installation from 3rd party sources. We have not tested the addon as we do not have access to the hardware. Could you please help us out with testing?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jiri Richter
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Nov 19, 21:48
I downloaded a paid application called g-night that temporarily works, but
it's not very good for 1.99 and it is lacking in detail. You get a small
graph on the watch and that's it. No companion application for the phone
which would definitely help this application.

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Nov 19, 21:46
I have a G S2 Classic also, I too would like to know if there is a
projected ETA of this getting hammered out. I would also volunteer to be a
beta tester. I use Sleep as Android every night and would love to keep my
phone on my nightstand verse on my bed.

Thanks
Robert

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Nov 18, 3:27
I really like Sleep as Android, but want to use it with my Gear S2. Is
there a way to find out when you work out support (or need beta testers!)?

Petr replied

Nov 8, 23:24
This is actually what a meant we had to pull the S2 plug-in for Sleep as Android. Sorry about that..

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr Nalevka
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Nov 8, 8:49
I heard that and it is unfortunate. I am curious if you are aware of the
application sleep on android and know if it is possible to make the s2
compatible with that application safely?
Best,
Ploutis Zambas

{#HS:137052309-10522#}

This email has been limited to the 6 most recent threads.

Powered by Help Scout

David Hammerslag

Nov 26, 2015, 12:28:14 PM11/26/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

I am new to Gear and sleep as android, but I can't find  a way to get the app to install on my s2

Robert Schneeweis

Nov 26, 2015, 1:01:56 PM11/26/15
to Sleep as Android
I can write up a quick guide later tonight or tomorrow.   Busy making the whole Turkey Day foods. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 1:38:33 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
all good, I think sleep as android has updated there application to allow the s2, I will continue testing your application until it is more useful. I appreciate all the responses and great customer service though.
Best,
Ploutis Zambas

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 1:42:50 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
I can help out with testing but I need to figure this out first

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 1:53:41 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
can I get the full application for free to help with testings? I have 14 days left in the trail because I downloaded it and deleted it but it somehow still counted the days when I didn't have the application installed.
Best,
Ploutis Zambas

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 2:14:26 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if I'm just not installing it correctly but I can't seem to get it to pair with the watch.

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 2:32:50 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
the galaxy application part of it does not seem to want to install, I'm just posting notes while I'm trying it on here I hope that's ok, or we can start a new thread for testing/troubleshooting

Robert Schneeweis

Nov 30, 2015, 4:08:56 PM11/30/15
to Sleep as Android
If you are not fimilar with this process, please tred VERY carefully, as there is a chance of having to wipe out your watch and starting over...  I cannot be held responsible if you break it. :)  (Or the dev's of Sleep as Android) ;)

You will need to side load. I got waylaid with work (I manage an ecommerce site), with Blackfriday/Cybermonday/etc) I have been working alot of OT.

You will need to enable USB debugging, or some variant of that. (I have not had a chance to poke at mine)

the tizen wearable sdk contains the sdb tool (same as the android adb)

Use it as follows to install your wgt:

- open a cmd box
- go to the directory where the sdb.exe tool is located
- make sure the wgt file is in this directory too
- type command:

sdb install xxxxxx.wgt

I hope to poke at mine sometime tonight... If I get home at a decent hour.

Robert Schneeweis

Nov 30, 2015, 4:43:17 PM11/30/15
to Sleep as Android
I took a quick break; Getting Install Errors...

I am in debug, I can connect... what am I missing. :)

C:\tizen-sdk\tools>sdb connect 192.168.1.113
connecting to 192.168.1.113:26101 ...
connected to 192.168.1.113:26101

C:\tizen-sdk\tools>sdb install "Gear_S2- SleepAsAndroid_Consumer.wgt"
pulled Gear_S2- SleepAsAndroid_Consumer.wgt     100%          2MB
1 file(s) pulled. 0 file(s) skipped.
Gear_S2- SleepAsAndroid_Consumer.wgt   659 KB/s (2244825 bytes in 3.322s)
path is /opt/usr/apps/tmp/Gear_S2- SleepAsAndroid_Consumer.wgt
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[start] val[install]
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[install_percent] val[3]
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[install_percent] val[22]
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[install_percent] val[25]
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[install_percent] val[33]
__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[error] val[22]

__return_cb req_id[125110002] pkg_type[wgt] pkgid[SOk2s18UXz] key[end] val[fail]

processing result : SIGNATURE_INVALID [22] failed
spend time for pkgcmd is [2915]ms

C:\tizen-sdk\tools>

Ploutis Zambas

Nov 30, 2015, 6:06:34 PM11/30/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
maybe i'll try this later tonight when I get home

Robert Schneeweis

Nov 30, 2015, 6:48:23 PM11/30/15
to Sleep as Android
Things to look out for

1) You have to take your watch out of bluetooth and put it on wifi (so your dekstop can talk to it)
2) You need to put your watch in debug mode (done under options - > about)
3) You might have to (I did) allow unsigned apps from the S2 Manager on your phone

You need JRE (Java Runtime) installed for the Tizen SDK to install.

Lemme know how you fair, if you try. I will poke at it again when I get home from work.
Message has been deleted

Jiří Richter

Dec 3, 2015, 5:57:13 AM12/3/15
to Sleep as Android
Hi guys, thank you very much for the work you're undertaking!
Please check the article here, you need to generate a certificate for your specific S2. Would you be willing to help me create a guide afterwards (for other S2 and Sleep users) once we get this working?

thank you very much
Jiri / Urbandroid

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 3, 2015, 8:58:48 AM12/3/15
to Sleep as Android
I have no problem making a doc on the installation process (with screen shots, etc, etc.)   I do this type of stuff for Android ROMS etc, so this is nothing overly new. I just don't know anything about Tizen...

The link is dead, though I will lookup generating a certificate and how that process goes. :)

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 3, 2015, 9:03:02 AM12/3/15
to Sleep as Android
I found a YouTube video on the process... if this is what you are talking about for the certificate... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2B-nlnprg   I will be trying this tonight (or this afternoon)  depending on work.

Jiri Richter

Dec 4, 2015, 7:29:05 AM12/4/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup, sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

Jiri replied

Dec 4, 13:28
Strange, for me the link works even now...supplying link from the internet archive -- https://web.archive.org/web/20151016180149/http://denvycom.com/blog/how-to-install-wgt-files-gear2/

But yes, it's the same thing that is in the video.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jiri Richter
Urbandroid Team

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Dec 3, 15:04
I found a YouTube video on the process... if this is what you are talking
about for the certificate... *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2B-nlnprg *

I will be trying this tonight (or this afternoon) depending on work.

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Dec 3, 14:59
I have no problem making a doc on the installation process (with screen
shots, etc, etc.) I do this type of stuff for Android ROMS etc, so this
is nothing overly new. I just don't know anything about Tizen...

The link is dead, though I will lookup generating a certificate and how
that process goes. :)

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Dec 3, 11:57
Hi guys, thank you very much for the work you're undertaking!
Please check the article here, you need to generate a certificate for your specific S2. Would you be willing to help me create a guide afterwards (for other S2 and Sleep users) once we get this working?

thank you very much
Jiri / Urbandroid

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Dec 1, 0:48
Things to look out for

1) You have to take your watch out of bluetooth and put it on wifi (so your dekstop can talk to it)
2) You need to put your watch in debug mode (done under options - > about)
3) You might have to (I did) allow unsigned apps from the S2 Manager on your phone

You need JRE (Java Runtime) installed for the Tizen SDK to install.

Lemme know how you fair, if you try. I will poke at it again when I get home from work.

Sleep as Android Googlegroup replied

Dec 1, 0:06
maybe i'll try this later tonight when I get home

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 4, 2015, 9:58:00 AM12/4/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
That link worked!   Thanks

Ed

Dec 7, 2015, 6:54:13 AM12/7/15
to Sleep as Android
Hey- did you have any luck loading it?

anthony

Dec 7, 2015, 11:43:59 AM12/7/15
to Sleep as Android
Hi!

I followed all steps listed below and already have a certificate as I was playing around with the Tizen IDE for wearable. I managed to install my custom apps on my Gear S2 but I get the permission issue when trying to install Sleep as android .wgt file.
I hope this helps..

1) You have to take your watch out of bluetooth and put it on wifi (so your dekstop can talk to it)
2) You need to put your watch in debug mode (done under options - > about)
3) You might have to (I did) allow unsigned apps from the S2 Manager on your phone

Best Regards,
Anthony

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 7, 2015, 1:47:02 PM12/7/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
I will be trying again tonight.... I have been hammered with work.

Jiri Richter

Dec 8, 2015, 6:11:53 AM12/8/15
to Sleep as Android Googlegroup

Jiri replied

Dec 8, 12:11
Anthony - thank you very much. Are you able to post any log that shows the permission issue?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jiri Richter
Urbandroid Team

{#HS:147079566-11196#}
Powered by Help Scout

anthony

Dec 9, 2015, 8:19:04 AM12/9/15
to Sleep as Android

Hi Jiri,

My pleasure.

Please see image below and attached. Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you

cmd.png

Jeff Hyder

Dec 9, 2015, 10:19:22 AM12/9/15
to Sleep as Android

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 1:59:36 AM UTC-5, Ploutis Zambas wrote:
I just got the gear s2 classic and I was wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on there

Am I missing something??? I downloaded the .apk and I have switched my phone to use the smartwatch to collect the data but it just will not connect.

Thanks, Jeff

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 9, 2015, 12:25:16 PM12/9/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the beta application ON the S2. (its a PITA process, at this point in time.)  Some of us are working with the devs to make sure the client works, etc. (There was a known battery leak, from what I understand)

Jeff Hyder

Dec 9, 2015, 12:34:37 PM12/9/15
to Sleep as Android
Can I install it on my phone and does that install it on my S2 or do I have to install it directly onto my S2?

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 9, 2015, 1:55:05 PM12/9/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
You need to install it from your PC (for the beta)   If you read the thread, I have posted a mock set of directions on how to push it to the phone... You will need to follow the video, or the link that will explain how to make a certificate to install it.

Jeff Hyder

Dec 9, 2015, 2:08:22 PM12/9/15
to Sleep as Android
Thank you.

Andy Nady

Dec 12, 2015, 5:13:32 AM12/12/15
to Sleep as Android
hey guys,

i got it installed.

But if i wanna open the app, it just shows starting tracking and doesnt connect to the phone, or making anything else.

Thx Andy

Scott G

Dec 19, 2015, 10:32:44 AM12/19/15
to Sleep as Android
Jiri - Tizen/wearables are new to me but I'll try to follow the tips in this thread to install and test as this is a very interesting app.

Recommendation - I think it would be VERY helpful to post on your http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/integration/wearable/ page that the Gear S2 requires a sideload and some advanced skills. I (and many others I'm sure) have spent a lot of time going through the docs pages, downloading various apk's, resetting devices, changing menu settings, etc. because that page only mentions the battery issue, but strongly implies all you need to do to connect is get the latest beta apk

-Scott

Jiří Richter

Dec 22, 2015, 4:44:46 AM12/22/15
to Sleep as Android
Hi Scott, thanks for the recommendation, you are right. I'm making the adjustments right now.
Have you had any luck? We've been testing the S2 addon only on a loaner device we've got from Samsung and it is possible that it was a bit different from the normal consumer devices, so we actually have no idea whether it should work.
We have had only some positive feedback from people who installed the addon while it was on the Galaxy Store.

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 22, 2015, 3:05:10 PM12/22/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
I have yet to get it to install properly on mine. I'm going to factory reset my watch over the weekend, and try and install it from a clean slate and see what I can get.

Scott Gould

Dec 22, 2015, 3:10:57 PM12/22/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

I haven't had time to try the sideload and looking at the info doubt I have the knowledge to reliably do so.

Several attempts at a normal install and I still can't connect.

-Scott

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.

Robert Schneeweis

Dec 22, 2015, 7:07:21 PM12/22/15
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
To the best of my knowledge, the only way to get it on right now is to sideload the app onto the G2 itself.   I made some progress prior, but I will spend more time this weekend. If I get it, I will write a guide and maybe a video if I feel it would help.

Megan Slone

Dec 28, 2015, 11:09:50 PM12/28/15
to Sleep as Android
Anthony,

Were you able to get your install to work?  I'm running into the same problem you are with the "SIGNATURE_INVALID" error.  I followed the instructions in the video to create and install the certificate.

Thanks!

anthony

Jan 5, 2016, 11:28:33 PM1/5/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi Megan,

I did not manage to install the app but haven't tried again recently. It does not look like the battery issue is going to be solved any time soon so I'm not sure this is worth trying to install for now.

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 6, 2016, 1:48:03 PM1/6/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi all,

I was able to install the .cfg-file using these instructions: https://youtu.be/Xy2B-nlnprg followed by https://youtu.be/mFjFI6Pv69E
When I open the app, it only shows: "Starting tracking" with no options whatsoever so I am not sure what to do now.
Do you have any ideas?

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 6, 2016, 1:56:27 PM1/6/16
to Sleep as Android
NB: Debug-mode I entered by going to settings->Info Gear->ticking a few times on the softwareversion

Petr Nalevka

Jan 9, 2016, 5:18:33 AM1/9/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi, Cesar just reported he made this working with the following. You can find the full thread here:
http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/integration/wearable/#comments

Cesar:

First I download the tizen IDE, then connect the gear s2 through wifi and enable debugging mode, follow some instructions I found in this threat http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s2/themes-apps/sleep-android-gear-s2-t3259826/page2#post64704826 , in one post by maarten.zondervan says this “I was able to install the .cfg-file using these instructions: https://youtu.be/Xy2B-nlnprg followed by https://youtu.be/mFjFI6Pv69E ” also from a command window you have to install the new compile wgt and run sdb install Gear_S2-SleepAsAndroid_Consumer.wgt

If you need any more information to improve the app, just ask

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 11, 2016, 3:41:06 PM1/11/16
to Sleep as Android
@Petr Nalevka,

For one time it worked with full graph in the Sleep-app (not in S Health) but all te next days it only measured movement but not heart rate,
I do not know what is different from before. I have tried it with [smartwatch HR] enabled and [Smartwatch HR] and [LE]  both with the same result.

Do you have any idea wat could be going wrong? I am a bit in the dark. I use the watch on my wrist and the phone on the table (so the phone cannot get the movement data alone)

Version: 20160106 BETA
Model: Galaxy S6 - SM-G920F - 5.1.1 stock ROM
Build: LMY47X.G920FXXU3QOJL
Kernel: 3.10.61-5630845

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 11, 2016, 3:43:32 PM1/11/16
to Sleep as Android
Don't want to forget mentioning it at least once: I love the great apps you make!

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 12, 2016, 3:07:14 AM1/12/16
to Sleep as Android
I checked again and I think it did not track the heartrate, it only synced it from S Health (which got it from the watch).
It was only visible after syncing and/or uploading to the cloud so it is not visible right when waking up.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Eugen Sovyack

Jan 15, 2016, 3:39:54 PM1/15/16
to Sleep as Android
Guys, is there any update with gear s2 battery drain?
Message has been deleted

Jiří Richter

Jan 16, 2016, 12:14:50 PM1/16/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi guys, I've put together a guide on how to install the addon on your S2, I hope it's definitive, but if anyone has any feedback, I'd be glad to hear and incorporate it.

See the guide here.

Tawanna Cross

Jan 17, 2016, 4:49:03 AM1/17/16
to Sleep as Android
I was able to get it installed following the instructions (which are great, btw) but when I start the app it never moves passed the "Starting tracking" screen. Any suggestions?

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 17, 2016, 5:23:28 AM1/17/16
to Sleep as Android
I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that opening the app is not important, although I do it every evening.
When you use the beta-app on your android phone, it will make the connection with the phone and sets it up, as long as the options are set in the settings.

For me the heart rate data was added afterwards by syncing. This data is not live but the data from the S Health app.

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 17, 2016, 5:25:44 AM1/17/16
to Sleep as Android
NB: It starts automatically when starting sleep-analysis on the phone.

Tawanna Cross

Jan 17, 2016, 10:58:33 AM1/17/16
to Sleep as Android
While the screen on my watch was on my phone kept cycling the "Waiting for connectivity" screen and to start tracking I had to click "Track without". If I let the screen go off it would start tracking after two "Waiting for Connectivity" cycles; but on my watch it was back to the watch face. Smart watch is enabled in the app but there's no indication it was working.

I left my phone on my bed last night so I don't know whether data was picked up from it or my watch, but I will try it again tonight with my phone on the nightstand.

Thanks!

Tawanna Cross

Jan 18, 2016, 8:17:49 AM1/18/16
to Sleep as Android
It does,not start automatically. I left my phone on the nightstand so it couldn't detect any movement and my graphs flat lined.

Any suggestions?

Eldorel

Jan 20, 2016, 10:43:45 PM1/20/16
to Sleep as Android
I just wanted to add that I just spent two hours trying to fix this exact issue for a coworker's watch.
(this is the second time I've done this, the first time I was successful, but that was done on a laptop that was replaced at christmas.)

I was able to install the IDE and the certificate request plugin, get a certificate, and sign the app.
There were about 30 errors generated by the build, but I was able to install the WGT file via sdb with no issues.

The watch app can be opened manually, but never starts communicating with the beta version of SLA running on the phone.

As a note, I was using the 2.4 IDE, since 2.2 (which is what the wgt requires) is not available on the samsung site.
Additionally, there was an update pushed to the watch a few days ago.

Glasswalker

Jan 24, 2016, 8:19:49 AM1/24/16
to Sleep as Android
I have the same issue; not sure if it has anything to do with me also having an LG Urbane paired and configured for SFA; but that unit is powered off during these tests...may be time to enable debugging via the IDE. The S2 is running the latest s/w, Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled. Seems like the mobile does not recognize comm from the watch app...

Tim Carr

Maarten Zondervan

Jan 26, 2016, 10:31:38 PM1/26/16
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

In my case the heart rate it is showing is the heart rate measured by another app (S Health or HR Monitor) on the Gear S2. When I sync S Health with "Sleep as Android" it shows my heart rate, not before. When the frequency of checking in S Health or HR monitor is changed or even disabled, this could explain the "lack" of battery loss.

(Again, correct me if I'm wrong. This is only how I think that this works)

Op 27 jan. 2016 03:57 schreef "Tim Carr" <icswa...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sleep as Android" group.
Message has been deleted

Tim Carr

Jan 28, 2016, 1:48:18 PM1/28/16
to Sleep as Android
It looks like it doesn't sync with s health right away. My graphs are showing heart rate in them now. I'm using the frequent option in s health for heart rate. Still a consistent 40%(I used to use the hr monitor app with 1min intervals with only 10-15% battery hit as apposed to s health. I wasn't using sleep as android back then. Still a small hit). It would be interesting to see if syncing at the end of a recording instead of throughout it would improve the battery life further, since wireless IO is so battery hungry. This would require the watch app to know when to either wake the user up, or start syncing at the beginning of the smart wake up period so the phone can dictate when to wake the user.

Lisa Schwertner

Feb 1, 2016, 12:42:17 PM2/1/16
to Sleep as Android
I am having a problem where it shows my device as being duplicated. This is causing a problem with the code and they want me to use the -s [option]. I see that instead of option you need to use the serial that sdk assigns to that device, but I cannot seem to find the serial (or generate one in any way). Just to double check, the code should be: sdb -s [serial number] install [wgt location]

Jordan Kirsch

Feb 1, 2016, 7:10:12 PM2/1/16
to Sleep as Android
After downloading the wgt file and trying to build the project (to sign the file) I'm getting 39 errors and as a result it's not building.  Is anyone else getting this issue?  Is there another file location we should be downloading from?

Tawanna Cross

Feb 2, 2016, 12:09:20 AM2/2/16
to Sleep as Android
By any chance were you able to get it to work? I'm still running into the same issue with the phone and watch not connecting with each other. I've tried wiping the watch and starting over but I get the same thing each time.

Maarten Zondervan

Feb 2, 2016, 4:22:51 AM2/2/16
to Sleep as Android
To check I would make sure the following settings are set to maximize the chance for a connection:

- Bluetooth and wifi enabled on both devices.
- Watch paired via bluetooth. No other devices connected via bluetooth.
- Battery save (optimization) disabled in system and eventual other apps of phone. Also disabled on watch.
- Latest beta version of sleep installed
- Smartwatch enabled in settings
- Both batteries fully charged
- Latest updates of phone and watch (from samsung)

Please note it only starts pairing when you start sleep analysis on the phone.

Lisa Schwertner

Feb 2, 2016, 4:19:08 PM2/2/16
to Sleep as Android
I finally got the connection sorted (did a clean install of the Tizen software). Now my problem is that I either get an "unknown file or location" error OR a "too many arguments" error. I have checked and double checked everything and I don't know what else to try. Maybe I am doing something wrong here?
Message has been deleted

Tawanna Cross

Feb 4, 2016, 7:53:08 AM2/4/16
to Sleep as Android
I have checked and double checked all of those things and am still unable to connect. If my phone is on the nightstand and not the bed, it thinks I was motionless in a deep sleep for the entire night.
Message has been deleted

Jordan

Feb 4, 2016, 4:50:28 PM2/4/16
to Sleep as Android
Hey Tawanna,

I'm also facing this exact issue.  I'll keep playing around with the connections and see if I can find any work around for this.

Tawanna Cross

Feb 7, 2016, 9:29:14 AM2/7/16
to Sleep as Android
Thanks Jordan.

I've tried just about everything I could think of. I've done factory resets on both devices and made sure everything was updated but I still can't get the two to talk to each other.

Pablo Sanchez

Feb 9, 2016, 4:17:53 PM2/9/16
to Sleep as Android
I am having the same connection issues. I have had zero success in getting them to communicate.  I have tried everything short of wiping my watch.  I would prefer not to do that, but if that comes down to it then I will.  There have been a number of people who appear to have tried that, and it still didn't work, so at this time it does not appear to be a viable solution.

Eugen Sovyack

Feb 9, 2016, 5:40:54 PM2/9/16
to Sleep as Android
Yep, the same issue.
Installed wgt  don't connected with phone app.
I think that problem not in our devices but in applications (because all of as have different phones, with different UI and android build (for example i use the Meizu pro5 with android 5.1) but applications is the same -> issue in applications).

Kimberly Lazarski

Feb 12, 2016, 2:53:11 PM2/12/16
to Sleep as Android
I've been running into the same problem.

The funny thing is.. prior to installing sleep as android on my Gear, Sleep as Android was tracking heartrate but now it isn't (but S Health is) so I no longer get the heartrate graph in SaA.

When I start the Sleep as Android gear app on my S2 I get the SaA screen for a bit "Starting tracking" then it goes away...
SaA on the phone (running the Beta and just received an automatic update yesterday) goes through "waiting for connectivity" twice then reverts to the phone's sensors.

Hardware:
Galaxy S4 (running 5.0.1)
Gear S2 Classic (running *BPA4)

Kimberly Lazarski

Feb 12, 2016, 3:00:55 PM2/12/16
to Sleep as Android
Weird - I just toggled S-health integration off and on again and it resynced and is now showing heart rate (low 40s at rest. w00t! hard work is paying off!)

Lisa Schwertner

Feb 13, 2016, 11:08:23 PM2/13/16
to Sleep as Android
I was able to finally get it installed (yay), but I ran into the same issue with it freezing as soon as it opens and then shutting down.

In other news... Tizen did an update today. Maybe there will be some workaround in this version (one can hope). I assume that Sleep as Android will have to put out another version of their .wgt for this??

Angelo Powers

Feb 18, 2016, 10:29:57 PM2/18/16
to Sleep as Android
I am pretty sure it is user error for me, but can someone provide a more detail way to use command prompt to install.  I did everything else up to that point.

Eric M.

Feb 21, 2016, 6:55:25 AM2/21/16
to Sleep as Android
It's fully working for me.

Installed the signed wgt file on my watch, installed G2_SleepAsAndroid_Phone.apk and also latest beta.
After that, SaA is connecting with gear.

Will test tracking tonight.

Kimberly Lazarski

Feb 22, 2016, 9:50:46 AM2/22/16
to Sleep as Android

Hello Petr,

Many of us are having trouble with SaA-GearS2 integration. Could you please review this topic and give us some debugging guidance?

In my case here is the configuration:

Galaxy S4 w/Android 5.01 (build [...]UGOK2
Gear S2 Classic w/Build [...]BPA4

Steps taken:

* Factory reset of Galaxy S5 and upgrade to Lollipop and reinstall SaA
* Upgrade of SaA to beta build
* Built and installed SaA Gear app and sideloaded via SDK
* Accepted Gear S2 OS upgrade (to ...BPA4)
* Rebooted Gear many times
* Disabled/Enabled Smartwatch integration and force stopped and restarted SaA on the phone many times ("Hello, IT? Have you tried turning it off and on again?")
* have tried stopping/closing SaA Gear app and opening it again many times ("Hello, IT? Have you tried turning it off and on again?")

No matter what I select for options in SaA here is what I get:

"Starting tracking" displaying on watch
"Waiting for connectivity" progress bar in SaA app runs through two passes
Watch app closes or backgrounds (read further), replaced by watch face (is still open in background when I check recent apps, hinting it is still resident in RAM - I wish the Gear had a proper task manager)

I'm still running the trial BTW - which has since expired (so I'm testing on alternate days), and have held off on upgrading to the full version as I have no way to verify it will actually work for me.

Also I notice some weirdness; it doesn't pull heart rate tracking from S Health but when I check S health it's definitely there. Getting this working consistently is important to me - I've been working hard to get back into shape (I'm a Linux/UNIX admin by trade so my job is very sedentary) and my goal is to get my at-rest heart rate down into the 40s consistently.  It will pull the heart rate graphs if I toggle S health integration off and on again ("Hello, IT? Have you tried turning it off and on again?"), but that's a hack workaround not a fix.

I do not have the phone rooted so I cannot strace the application. Do you implement any sort of debug logging and if so where are the options to enable it and to where would that log be output? I'd really like to get this resolved.  I'm going to be preordering the Galaxy S7 Edge tomorrow (IF AT&T offers the highest capacity model) but folks have reported models as far back as the S2 working with SaA so obviously upgrading isn't a fix. Until my new phone arrives I'd be willing to do what I can to help debug the problems if this is a defect and not user error.

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 6:04:06 AM UTC-5, Petr Nalevka wrote:

Petr replied

Cc: sleep-as...@googlegroups.com

[...]

Chris Sequeira

Feb 23, 2016, 7:39:36 PM2/23/16
to Sleep as Android
So I've been able to install the .wgt, but as some others here are saying, I am seeing it hang on the "Starting Tracking" screen. It is having communications issues like others have described, where SaA on the phone times out while waiting for connectivity.

Console log in debug mode shows the following error: "err [undefined] msg [undefined] ... PEER_NOT_FOUND".

A quick look through app.js revealed my Gear model is not included within MODELS, is that an issue?

Configuration:
Galaxy S5 Active, Android 5.0 (Build 2BOF3)
Gear S2 Classic Model # SM-R732 (Build BPA4)

Eric M.

Feb 24, 2016, 8:49:02 AM2/24/16
to Sleep as Android
I lost only 6-8% battery during last night tracking (7h).

Eugen Sovyack

Feb 24, 2016, 8:55:25 AM2/24/16
to Sleep as Android
I lost only 6-8% battery during last night tracking (7h).

@Eric M.
Hi, pelase could you answer on fiew question ?
How you use G2_SleepAsAndroid_Phone.apk ?
You install it with Sleep As Android main app, or you delete Sleep As Android and install hone apk ?
Because in accordance to instruction phone apk shouldn't be used anymore, just beta version of Sleep As Android.

Martin Stava

Feb 24, 2016, 3:57:14 PM2/24/16
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
Model not being part of MODELS is not likely an issue, but it will cause other problems. We'll add your model there. Could you try to start tracking from the watch? I.e. start the watch app and see if that one connects to phone?

Cheers,
 Martin

Chris Sequeira

Feb 24, 2016, 8:10:53 PM2/24/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking care of that. When I try tracking from the watch, the app starts and hangs on the "Starting Tracking" screen. The only way to start the app on the Gear S2 is from the watch itself or Tizen IDE. Either way, it hangs. The console log in debug mode shows the following undefined error: "err [undefined] msg [undefined] ... PEER_NOT_FOUND". I will let you know if I discover anything else.

Regards,
Chris

Martin Stava

Feb 27, 2016, 7:50:45 AM2/27/16
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just to make sure, you did not sideload only the Tizen app, but also the add-on to your android phone? Because the tizen app needs our APK on phone to communicate with.

Cheers,
 Martin

Chris Sequeira

Feb 27, 2016, 2:46:57 PM2/27/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi Martin,

Yes, I have tried sideloading the add-on to both the stable and beta releases of SaA. It appears to install successfully, but after a while an error pops up warning that the app failed to install. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Chris

Martin Stava

Feb 27, 2016, 3:11:26 PM2/27/16
to sleep-as...@googlegroups.com
Do not know. You'd need to extract debug logs from the phone and they we can investigate. Without the add-on on phone the app cannot work.

Cheers,
 Martin

Eugen Sovyack

Feb 27, 2016, 3:33:34 PM2/27/16
to Sleep as Android
Hi Martin, what  addon on smartphone ?
I didn't seen any mention about this in instruction for installing gear s2 addon.
nothing about adding some thing to the SaA on smart phone here http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/integration/wearable/ or here http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/tutorials/installing-samsung-gear-s2-beta-add-on/

Alberto Peters

Feb 28, 2016, 8:34:55 AM2/28/16
to Sleep as Android
I managed to install the app.
As other users the apk plugin threw an error but I ignored it.
The app works, it measured my sleep with its phases. No HR measuring tho.
The Battery use wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, only 15% lost in 6h of sleep.

Jiří Richter

Mar 3, 2016, 8:15:01 AM3/3/16
to Sleep as Android
BREAKING NEWS

Just a few hours ago, the S2 addon has been APPROVED to the Samsung Galaxy Store, so it is now available for everyone hassle-free!
Please contact us at in...@urbandroid.org in case of any problems.

Eugen Sovyack

Mar 3, 2016, 8:18:15 AM3/3/16
to Sleep as Android
Strange, i don't see it in samsing gear apps store.

Jiří Richter

Mar 3, 2016, 8:32:47 AM3/3/16
to Sleep as Android
The exact name of the add-on is "Sleep As Android - Gear Add-On". You may need to narrow your search to "Health & Fitness". Also, please make sure you search through Gear manager and not directly on the Galaxy apps.

David Hammerslag

Mar 3, 2016, 9:08:55 AM3/3/16
to Jiří Richter, Sleep as Android

Found it and eager to give it a go!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Eugen Sovyack

Mar 3, 2016, 6:16:27 PM3/3/16
to Sleep as Android
No, i can't find it ( , maybe it some regional restrictions or something like this (i'm from Ukraine),  and my gear s2 also for Ukrainian market.
The same issue have few another people, can you please post here or in urbandroid forum wgt file ?
I can install it manually via Tizen SDK .

Kimberly Lazarski

Mar 4, 2016, 10:49:26 AM3/4/16
to Sleep as Android
It works perfectly for me; it connects to the Galaxy S4 without any delay, so I went ahead and upgraded to the full version.  I HOPE this is like other apps where the license is account-wide because I'm upgrading to the S7 next week. :)

psenseny

Mar 4, 2016, 11:27:19 AM3/4/16
to Sleep as Android
Good morning!

I downloaded the add-in from the Galaxy Gear store and it installed without a problem.

I set the Wearable settings to also vibrate alarm "from start"

I was on the Google Play (Full) Version (non-beta) version of the app with a Galaxy S6 Edge +

Last night I tried sleep tracking.  I initiated the tracking from my Gear S2 with a 45 minute delay.  I then fell alseep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I woke up to my alarm on my phone however no vibration on my watch (bummer)

Sleep tracking tracked all night from my watch and only took about 38% battery life (7 hours 40 minutes of sleep)

I downloaded the beta version of the app today and tonight I will test 2 things;
1) Alarm vibration on my Gear S2 (did not happen last night)
2) Heart rate monitoring (since I am not on Beta I activated that setting)

I will see how the battery consumption is tonight with heart rate monitoring and see if the alarm on the watch sets off with the beta version of the app.

Excited to go back to bed.

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 8:15:01 AM UTC-5, Jiří Richter wrote:
It is loading more messages.